They're getting soft...

by simon17 33 Replies latest jw friends

• simon17
    simon17

So I had my second random JW visit since I left. The last time I was sick and couldn't really talk back but I was pleasant enough. I took the magazines, but they never returned.

Attempt #2: A father with his poor miserable looking son. He goes through a 10 second presentation and asks me a question, "Do you think the Bible has practical advice for us today?" I went to answer and provoke a discussion but before I said a word he put his hands up and said "Don't answer, just read these magazines" and left.

What the hell!?!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

strange

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like his heart really ain't in it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s are the only people I know..

Who knock on your door to let you know..

They`re too busy to talk to you..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

That is weird.

• Gayle
    Gayle

When they ask anyone a question, it's pretty much 'rhetorical.' They don't really want to know what you think. They just got to get that literature out.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I went to answer and provoke a discussion but before I said a word he put his hands up and said "Don't answer, just read these magazines" and left.

Omigosh, I almost choked on my tea when I read that, dear Simon17 (peace to you!)! I could see it "in my mind's eye" "Oh, gawd, he's gonna TALK"! NOOooooooooo!"). LOLOLOLOLOL! They don't REALLY wanna talk, do they? Nope. Can't "count" talking, per se (the time, maybe, but the conversation?). Just place them rags and move on! Oh... my... gosh! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Thanks for sharing that and peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA, almost ROFL... 'cause maybe "Dad" doesn't believe/can't explain it all and the thought of having to was just too much for the poor soul...

• Ding
    Ding

Outlaw's post reminds me of some JWs who came to my door years ago. I asked them some unpleasant questions about Bible doctrine and WT history. They suddenly remembered that they had another appointment. Then they put me on their DNC list.

It seems to me that since the days the Ray Franz shakeup at Bethel, JWs are much less willing to engage in genuine discussions with people who put up resistance rather than simply falling in line.

Now it's more like dealing with a salesman who cuts you off as soon as he realizes that he isn't going to make a quick sale.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    @ Then they put me on their DNC list.

I think I might be on that list...they haven't come to save me.... Rattlesnakes!

They haven't even told me yet if they have disenfranchised me. What? They don't get to vote? Ever? Nevermind!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It seems to me that since the days the Ray Franz shakeup at Bethel, JWs are much less willing to engage in genuine discussions with people who put up resistance rather than simply falling in line.

Remember Ding, they are just looking for the sheep-like ones suckers.

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit