French Branch Wins Tax Money back from European Court

by JWFreak 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

As you are aware the French Branch won a unanimous victory in the ECHR on June 30th 2011 regarding the Tax struggle worth over 60 million Euros

There was then a wait of 3 months to see if the French goverment would appeal.

They did not appeal thus confirming the JW Victory.

Ok here is the insidious part

The French branch had already paid the 60 million in escrow to the court at Strasbourg to prevent any interest being added in the event of a court loss.

This has now been returned to the branch included interest from 1999.

For years the branch has cried that they are poor begging the french JWs for money to cover this expenditure.

At this weeks service meetings in France, they havent told the brothers of the returned money, but have announced a huge rebuild of the facilities at Louviers. And they have embarked on the biggest donation enterprise in France History.

The 60 million Euros has alrerady been given to Brooklyn for the "Worldwide work"

So even though they the french JWs have already contributed once they are now being asked to contribute again for the same project

What a con!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wow! Talk about under the radar... As always good work :-)!!!!!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow. Just Wow.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Jay Hoover is 60 million richer.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

JWFREAK good to see you!

SIAM

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It continues to amaze me the ways these guys bring in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Ironic, that this week's Service Meeting here in the U.S., has a 15 minute part that's all about showing your appreciation for the organization by donating your valuables, which even includes provisions to mail them jewelry.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

provisions to mail them jewelry

No way! The society runs their own cash4gold everlastinglife4gold operation now! Incredible!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

NRFG- the service meeting part was incredible. I don't ever remember them asking for jewelry before. These douchbags are getting desperate. I told my wife that I would never donate a penny to the society so they could use it for settlements on abuse cases.

SIAM

• sonny.alfaro
    sonny.alfaro

Hi, i'm new here.

Wow! They just kept on winning every battle they fought. Amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit