OMG! Have you seen this crazy movie? Red State

by serenitynow! 11 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I'm watching this movie, it's a horror movie. It seems to be based on the crazy Westboro church, except they are doing more than just protesting funerals. It's scary!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Yes, two days ago. The lead dude is creepy as hell.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Yup, I posted a trailer here a few days ago. My wife loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1v6oFHefc

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well that is exceptionally creepy.

NC

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Yeah, I rented it about a month ago. It was actually made by Kevin Smith, of Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob fame. I thought it was pretty intense.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

:) I like Kevin Smith.

• jws
    jws

Yes, loved it. Not the first time Kevin Smith did a film with a comment on religion. There was Dogma. Red State wasn't nearly as silly-funny, but it had it's subtle humor too, like how the church members eventually surrendered.

This was a WAY better departure from funny movies than Jersey Girl for Kevin Smith.

The lead preacher deserves an Oscar nod.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I finally finished this movie. It was really good! It was a good shoot-em-up movie, but it was also kinda funny in a lot of ways, pretty much everything the preacher was hilarious. Maybe my sense of humor is just warped.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Thanks for the recommendation,i watched it yesterday.LOVED it!! The trumpet thing was so unique and strange.I KNOW that is how the dubs picture armageddon starting.Its a good flick...I also watched "Perfect Host" with David Hyde Pierce.It was...amazing!

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

bump.

Good movie, just saw it now (uni holidays!)

Anything about cults still gives me the creeps though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit