Special A$$embly Day Notes

by PrincessCynic 36 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife went, with a friend. Not with me!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Ha, very funny, Princess. Yeah, you're right on the money. I went two weeks ago and we too had a speaker from the Big House. He said, with a note of genuine horror and surprise, and I quote, "Some [Witnesses] have started to rely on their own thinking, and the next thing you know, they've left Jehovah's organization!"

It was all I could do not to stand up on my tail and holler, "Hells, yeah!!!"

No Harry Potter jibes at ours (that's so 2007) but a few of the old, "the only reason anyone goes to University is to become rich and powerful..." Right, I wonder if the speaker's checked the recent salary range of social workers, school teachers, copy editors, or research techs lately?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    "the only reason anyone goes to University is to become rich and powerful..."

The doctrine teaches it's a shame to go to college. Even if you might want to go for a noble quest you just know the "friends" will think you are being selfish. What an awful mental burden. College is hard enough without worrying about hurting your sister's and brother's consciences.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Enjoyed your special assembly day notes!

Sounds like you've attended the 2011/2012 "Jehovah Says, 'Go Fuck Yourself'" special ASSembly day.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So much is the same. They discuss outdated examples of "faithfulness" that are in fact initiation of force against innocent people. And they encourage people to waste all their time going door to door, even shaming and guilting them into giving up everything to make more room to do more field circus. Most of the comparisons make no sense, except to try and link the Bible with field circus. Which I have found pretty lame, by and large.

I am not wasting my time on this crap. I know what they are already going to say, and I can get the information on this site in 10 minutes that it takes someone all day to get at the a$$embly. I would rather be doing something I enjoy, or something that is going to be to my benefit, than wasting my time going to these wastefests. Besides, all it takes is for one person to waste the time and post the essence on these forums, and it will save me all that time plus having to listen to the new Kingdumb maladies.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Disappointment

Knocking on the same doors over and over and over and over and over and over

No one's interested (Well, if the angels direct the work blame them)

years of ill treatment makes us feel worthless (may have been talking about ill treatment from the world but we know better) (Agreed. The WBT$ makes the r&f feel worthless, it’s all part of the propaganda process. Us vs: Them propaganda)

A brother might look at us the wrong way (WTF?) (Yes indeed WTF?)

Brothers can be hurtful (Especially the more power they get)

School is hard for JW kids (Yup. No education allowed)

Harry Potter is at school (Give him my regards then – ‘appeal to fear’)

There are ouija boards at school these days (Prove it! ‘Appeal to fear’)

The Devil wants to eat us (roaring lion). We are like sleeping zebra foals (Appeal to fear)

We are weary and may have a low emotional state. (Prove it! If it’s true = Caused by years of ‘mind cleansing’)

• N.drew
    N.drew

This might be an interesting question for someone to ask who is IN. Are the Governing Body members still enjoying a "spiritual paradise"? It is regarding that which they taught at assembly "years of ill treatment makes us feel worthless".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Other JWs can sometimes be encouraging . (Because it’s a man made pyramid business posing as a religion!)

Just sitting at the meetings is not enough, we have to participate (found this quite DIScouraging actually) (The old DO MORE DO MORE cry)

All the answers to our questions are in 1 Thessalonians (New Light?) (OK. I have a question, should I have pizza or curry for dinner today? I’m looking in Thess but can’t find the answer!)

Don't assume brothers are skiving from the meetings. They might be building Kingdumb Halls. (It’s a pity the elders won’t take that advice when they sit in the elders’ meetings gossiping about ‘weaker’ ones. Yes. I was an elder, I saw it happen, it sickened me.)

Don't be a straw! (that breaks the camels back) (Don’t be a sap, instead RUN from the bOrg!)

We need to have a regulated life (Is this an advert for laxative or an advert for OBEY THE GB?)

Learn about depression in your Family Worship Study (Yes, Family Worship is the casue of a lot of depression)

A very weird experience about a Father refusing to go to his daughters wedding because he disapproved thinking it was unwise to get married when Armageddon is so near! (Jinkies!!!! Appeal to fear!)

Jokes about the older ones having waited their whole lives for Armageddon. Laughter from audience. Oh and we should imitate those older ones. (What? Keep waiting forever? Yes. I get why the bOrg would say that. The big ‘A’ is a delusion!)

Don't leave the truth, where would you go?? (Oh, this is priceless propaganda. Where else…OMG LOLOLOLOLOL!)

• agent zero
    agent zero

i really like your note-taking style! though i havent taken any notes in a long time, i might try to copy that style. you're an exemplary sister!

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Thanks for the welcomes people, it's good to be here. You guys have been keeping me sane for months now while I've been lurking, now I'm very pleased to meet you all properly, in a virtual kind of way.

Cadellin ~ this bethelite was super old, I thinking he'd only just got wind of the Harry Potter craze. He's definitely not been living in the real world for some deades at least.

Breakfast for Champions ~ yeah that sounds about right!

PunkofNice ~ You crack me up, I love your posts. I say screw Thessalonians and join me in having a curry tonight!

Agent Zero ~ Thanks! I had my JW husband in hysterics with my note-taking. Which is the reason I did it really. I can get to him best through humour. Although he did jokingly say "Apostate in Row 12" a little too loudly during the luch break when I said I was paranoid that the people behind me were reading my notes

Here's the rest of my notes:

Dedication and Dunking Talk

A truly dreadful and slightly insulting illustration likening the candidates to homeless beggars on the street who had generously been given homes and wealth. (He meant in a spirital way, not physical; the WT society doesn't do charity ) Warning them not to go back to being homeless beggars ever again.

A story about a sister who got baptised whithout having a personal relationship with Jah. She relied on her own judgment . Not sure what happened to her?

Persecution is good, it makes us like diamonds. Look around, we all a big cluster of diamonds

We want the end to come today but Jah knows better

Kept referring to the world as 'Beggarly'

Experiences

These were really poor. I was expecting some wildly exaggerated experiences from super-pioneers or more people giving up work to 'do more'.

The people on the platform were apparently amazing examples because they managed to do 30 hours for one month this year.

We were then told to get off our butts and do the 30hrs again next year (or words to that effect)

Do The Will of God Whole-Souled

Talk for the 'Young Ones'.

If you have parents and grandparents in the troof you are in a very favourable position.

Stop coasting!

Would you like to go to a Theme Park and watch your parents go on all the cool rides while you stand and watch them (Hell Yeah!) Well don't do that in FS either. Participate, don't just watch your parents do it!

The young ones are like a big haul of fish that has been caught. You don't want to be a not-so-good fish that gets thrown away. If you are a good fish, Jah will smile (then eat you for dinner after you've slowly suffocated LOL I say swim away fast!).

You also don't want to be like a junk e-mail that gets deleted.

Interviews:

One smart teenage girl said "don't accept what people tell you without looking into it for yourself".

Peter (some names have been changed) learned the troof from the Bible Stories book. My favourite quote from Peter: "it's good to live a more simpler life".

That's all I've got folks, I slept through the rest !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit