Proof that Jehovah's Witnesses Live in a Fantasy Land

by Sour Grapes 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The part that affected me directly from a JW's fanciful and ignorant view of the world was when I was explaining why my Mom took blood in the hospital. Immediatly everyone was on me about blood expanders and all the other misinformation. In explaining that all those measures are nice in a non emergancy situation, EPO isn't going to do anything for someone bleeding out, as EPO take about 3 weeks to kick in. Well not according to the WT, your mother could be saved with out blood. I printed material explaining why I wasn't bugged by my non JW mother's decision but they already knew more about it than I did because they read the blood brochure and a WT. Doctors are wrong, the WT is right.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

You guys are making me laff! All so true. Ding: If I had a dollar fo every time I've heard that sentiment (EVERYTHING in some way points to Armageddon being imminant) I'd be sitting on a lounge chair somewhare in the Tropics with a drink in my hand. (with a little umbrella in it) instead of talking to you on my crappy old computer! LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want to witless to all the nations in the world. In addition to all the nations where they have yet to make inroads (Bangladesh included, with around 150 witlesses in around 150 million people), I see a problem in that many nations are experiencing declines. In the United Tyranny of Stupidity (formerly the United States of America), the numbers are stagnant. They boast about Brazil and Mexico, yet they shut up about what has been happening in Japan. They used to boast about Japan--but their numbers have fallen. And, any country that goes from around 19,000 in 1996 to around 14,500 in the latest report in 2010 is obviously not "preaching to all the nations".

I wonder how many other countries have been reporting or experiencing declines that have been persistent, and of at least 10% of at least 10,000 initial members. Just because they are reaching Nigeria with the cancer means nothing. Even in Chile, the witlesses are declining--hardly preaching to every nation in the world. I believe that, if enough people in these third world countries wake up (and even if Agenda 21+ never happens), you will have only a stagnant core of believers that are reaching to nowhere, and most of those that were experiencing rapid growth between 1980 and 2000 will experience equally dramatic shrink in the next 20 years.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Elder states: "At the Elder's School we were told that our New World Translation of the Bible is one of the finest gems that Jehovah has given to mankind."

Perhaps that is what he was told, I would not be surprised, but in my view that is blasphemous.. The Bible is the gem, the NWT is just the work of men who translated it

Dubs love to trumpet that their translation is critically acclaimed as "the best" . Those statements are not true - take a look at this link to Wikipedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Translation_of_the_Holy_Scriptures

They are quotes of course but sufficient to see a very mixed reception at best . In some ways it is good, we are told but they also point out its textual bias, particularly in respect of the insertion of Jehovah's name into the NT...

BTW. Elders don't know squat these days and the nonsense I hear when I accompany Sister Blues makes us both cringe

• Confession
    Confession

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

If they die, their doctrine teaches that they are not the "Other Sheep" and will get the same resurrection to Paradise as everyone they have been heaping scorn on for their whole lives including everyone who laughed at them and chased them from their door and their children & siblings that they abused for leaving their crappy little church."

That's a really great point, Black Sheep. :o)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

WTWizard what nation you mentioned reported that decrease?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Isn't calling themselves the "truth" enough proof, dear SG (peace to you!)... Christ being the Truth (John 14:6)... and all of the changing "light" they push notwithstanding? Truly, can't beat that for fantasy, can they, no matter what all else they "boast" about...

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

BUMP! UP!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit