Shunning is so stupid

by AwSnap 26 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, no apologies,,, and no stealing was done.. .I love your piccie! I just saw this blue one years ago, and fell in love with it.

t

• flipper
    flipper

AWSNAP- I'm very sorry that your sister treated you this way. As you know JW's are mind controlled to think we are all full of demons and creepy crawley " apostate cooties " ! Sadly, it creates phobias inside Witnesses that are unrealistic and crazy making in their outward behavior. Thus it caused your sister to damn near take a extremely quick run down the stairs ! I mean- what if she tripped and her baby was injured ? In my opinion THAT is how liable the WT society is in creating insane unfounded fears and phobias in Jehovah's Witnesses ! WT society has already caused needless deaths from JW's refusing blood transfusions , suicides from shunning and child abuse , etc. And the WT society is to blame for the needless fear in your sister.

Hopefully you are correct that your sister is hanging on by a thread in the Witnesses. Steve Hassan's books said that sometime when cult members get EXTREMELY emotional in defending the cult- it may mean they are going through doubts within themselves , so they overreact as a compensation to overcome their own inward doubts. I hope that's the case with your sister. Remember we are all here for you my friend. Hang in there . I know if your sister has a change of heart someday- you'll be there with open arms when she bolts for freedom from the cult

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I dont know.My sister gets a lot of sympathy and "love bombing" because she has an apostate df'd sister.A lot.If she werent such a dumb head,I mcould almost see her at an assembly,Talking to the crowd,about the persecution inflicted upon her by her evil sister.Yep,she gets soe mileage out of that one...lol

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Aww man I would go crazy if my sister didn't tell me she was pregnant and I found out from some stranger! I am so so very sorry Awsnap! {{HUGS}}

• juci32
    juci32

omg!! What a cruel and evil thing to do! They are treating you as if you are some sick pervert! What a "loving" organization.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Shunning is not always practiced with total obedience to the Governing Body in the matter they want it to be. Super Righteous Elder, had a daughter and she got pregnant after a lesbian affair (Don't ask, her husband tried to prove his was more than this woman's, woman.) and disfellowshiped, she and her husband where invited to live with this elder in good standing. This same elder was notorious for telling everyone it was wrong "To say anything to evil ones who left Jehovah. This would apply to young family and grandkids as well, it just did not apply to Super Righteous." Super Righteous would hunt down parents who spoke with disfellowshiped ones and chastise them. Super Righteous is still in good standings and has not changed his style or mindset! There was a saying about this Kingdom Hall, "What Happen's in Happy Congregation, Stay's In Happy Congregation." These guys were great a damage control of their own (Elders and some elite MS), but when it came to the average joe publisher, he was screwed over!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, it's hard to imagine how anyone thinks that by SHUNNING a person it will make that person want to return!?!

I guess it's the same mindset as an abuser. Often the abused one does come running back. Strong ones take a different approach:

A Different Response to Abuse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit