Your most DISTURBING WATCHTOWER Bethel/Branch experience? (No full names please)

by Balaamsass 165 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...I had already turned in my notice to leave within the month..so I hid them and told them I threw them out. They found them again right before I left and wrote a letter to my congregation telling them how evil I was.hahha..i hate those bastards..."
    biff mcfly

Does not the Watchtower instructs all new Bethelites that what happens in the Complex stay within it? I think, that is a good example that shows the Watchower shares what happens to Bethelities once they leave the Complex. Your local congregation may be in the know.They want to control people's lives every step on the way. What a destructive cult the Watchtower is!

Meanwhile, in an attempt to explain the nevous breakdown, Balaamsass states in part,"...the disconnect between what was SEEN and EXPERIENCED at Headquarters VS what they had grown up BELIEVING BROKE many into little pieces..."

I think, that was an insightful assessment. Indeed, people can get a profound shock based on the incosistencies of their experiences at Bethel.

Scott77

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Does not the Watchtower instructs all new Bethelites that what happens in the Complex stay within it?

They sure do. I was never a Bethelite, but my ex-husband and my brother were - brother was there for 18 years and rose to a prominent position as the overseer of the water and sewage treatment plant at Watchtower Farm.

We had heard rumors that Leo Greenlees was asked to leave Bethel, so I called my brother to ask about it.

He said to me in the coldest voice imaginable, "Where did you hear that?"

I said, "From one of the sisters in the congregation."

He replied, "Listen to me, THAT is a family matter. Anything YOU need to know will be in the Watchtower."

It's interesting the observation that the ones who actually like the Bethel life seem to be sociopaths. I don't think that applies to my brother. He was very comfortable living with strict rules. My ex-husband, on the other hand, was definitely a sociopath.

One day he and I were watching a TV program on the subject of the psychological profile of a serial rapist. When the program finished, I looked at him and said, "That's you!" He answered, "Yeah, you're right."

He was only at Bethel for 3 years and left because he needed to get married so he could have sex. Once he was married (to me) he immediately wanted to go back to Bethel. I wasn't even old enough to apply, nor was I a pioneer, but we applied anyway - twice. Got turned down both times, thank goodness. But I was married to the creep (sex maniac) for 27 years before I left both him (he was threatening to kill me) and the Borg.

I believe that when the time comes both of them will drink the actual Kool-Aid quite cheerfully.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...my ex-husband rose to a prominent position as the overseer of the water and sewage treatment plant at Watchtower Farm. ...was definitely a sociopath...married to the creep (sex maniac) for 27 years before I left...him..."
    cobaltcupcake

I think, that is a disturbing revealation about someone of his stature within the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses. However, Iam not surprised. The role of god's holy spirit in appointing these men is very buffling to say the least.

Scott77

• GromitSK
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

We had heard rumors that Leo Greenlees was asked to leave Bethel, so I called my brother to ask about it. He said to me in the coldest voice imaginable, "Where did you hear that?" I said, "From one of the sisters in the congregation." He replied, "Listen to me, THAT is a family matter. Anything YOU need to know will be in the Watchtower."

Which means you don't need to know anything about it, right?

How do JWs reconcile the fact that so many of their GB members are either pedophiles or other morally challenged individuals? If that happened in the leadership of my church, I'd walk. And how can JWs think for a minute that their GB members are chosen by God?

Anyway, it seems as though word gets out eventually, despite the best efforts.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Gosh I thought Chitty and Greenlees were bad untill I read the archived story here about Rutherford and the 16yr old Berta. WOW!

• MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

Cold Steel: Bethel's Legal Dept handled the divorce, they worked out an alimony for me without having to go to court for it. They took no action against me, allowed me to stay at Bethel. They kept an eye on me from a distance. Allowed me to stay when I remarried. My ex is now an elder again and is still married to the other Bethelite's wife (or at least was a couple of years ago when I last ran into him).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

COLD STEEL:

SO, they in fact do SNOOP through peoples belongings there as I had heard! A poster on a similar thread contradicted me and said they "warn" you first.

Well, which is it?? A little of both perhaps? I am inclined to believe they DO snoop if it is a newer recruit.

I LOVE reading about all these sick, twisted experiences people have had in Bethel because all the rank and file JWs need to know there ain't no holy spirit oozing through those halls!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Wow...I am amazed at some of these experiences.

Most Circuit assemblies are under 1,000 attendees now.

The power of the internet is astonishing. These "BETHEL EXPERIENCES" have been read by over 16,674 people. Can you imagine the impact of these experiences given form the platform of a HUGE International Convention????

Thank YOU ex-Bethelites!

More stories PLEASE!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

:O Bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit