Australia : a JW woman dies after refusing blood

by yalbmert99 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The saddest part of the story:

Mr Chandler said no criticism should be made of Mrs Allen, or her husband, for their choice of religious faith.

"However, as baptised Jehovah's Witnesses they were obligated by their religion to abide by its doctrine that forbids the ingestion of blood or blood products."

It is the right of anyone to make a conscientious decision about their form of medical treatment. If they choose to die, that's their right. But Jehovah's Witnesses don't have a choice. They are compelled to obey a directive from a bunch of old men in New York who ignore medical facts and persist with a perverted interpretation of one Bible passage. They are the one single religion in the world who insist their interpretation is correct.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hey OUTLAW, no bull, here is the WTBTS article saying its' O.K. and up to a JW's conscience to accept a cow based hemoglobin transfusion:

"Within each red blood cell are some 300 million hemoglobin molecules. Hemoglobin represents about one third of the volume of a mature red cell. Each molecule contains the protein globin and a pigment called heme—which includes an iron atom. When a red blood cell passes through the lungs, oxygen molecules penetrate the cell and attach themselves to hemoglobin molecules. Seconds later, the oxygen is discharged into body tissue, sustaining the life of the cells.

Some manufacturers now process hemoglobin, releasing it from human or bovine (Cow, Cattle) red blood cells. The extracted hemoglobin is then filtered to remove impurities, chemically modified and purified, mixed with a solution, and packaged. The end product—not yet approved for use in most lands—is called a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier, or HBOC. Since the heme is responsible for the rich red color of blood, a unit of HBOC looks just like a unit of red blood cells, the primary component from which it is taken.

Unlike red blood cells, which must be refrigerated and discarded after a few weeks, the HBOC can be stored at room temperature and used months later. And since the cell membrane with its unique antigens is gone, severe reactions due to mismatched blood types pose no threat. However, compared with other blood fractions, the HBOC presents more challenges to conscientious Christians, who seek to obey God’s law on blood. Why? As long as the HBOC is derived from blood, there are two objections that may be raised. One, the HBOC carries out the key function of a primary component of blood, the red cells. Two, hemoglobin, from which the HBOC is derived, makes up a significant portion of that component. Regarding this and similar products, then, Christians face a very serious decision. They must carefully and prayerfully meditate on Bible principles concerning the sacredness of blood. With a keen desire to maintain a good relationship with Jehovah, each must be guided by his Bible-trained conscience."—Galatians 6:5. (8/06 Awake Pg 11)

What Watchtarded thinking!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Absolutely ridiculous. Years ago "Abstain from blood" meant , um, don't take any blood. Now they're slipping in a few loopholes. In order to please their God, poorly-educated rank and file members are now expected to become experts on haemoglobins and platelets to decide whether this constitutes "taking blood" or that doesn't. It really is a tragedy for the millions trapped inside this religion, their lives dictated by the whims of the Governing Body.

Why would the GB not have the guts to stand up say, "We were wrong"?

What evidence is there that God is directing their decisions on haemoglobins?

Maybe God will direct them to pick up their copy of the Hobart Mercury, read the coroner's recommendation and say, "Well, brothers, I suppose we could give it a try ..."

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Very sad indeed. However, I'm surprised they tried to do a lap-band surgery at all with all her other medical conditions. SHE made her own decision, she was most likely informed of the inherent dangers of this procedure before had. I'm glad she had her medical wishes respected, as I would want my own respected too. That being said, I'm going through my wallet to find my ancient blood card and tear it up.

CJ

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey OUTLAW, no bull, here is the WTBTS article saying its' O.K. and up to a JW's conscience to accept a cow based hemoglobin transfusion:

Yes your right..That article is about HemoPure..

JW`s can`t have a Human blood transfusion because your supposed to pour animal Blood on the ground ..But..

JW`s can have a blood transfusion from an animal blood..

It makes no sense.. It`s WatchTarded ..

...............................OUTLAW

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

channel 7 just have it now on sunrise show

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

The question being, should doctors be allowed to over ride the wishes of the patient?

• Diest
    Diest

Can witnesses drink TruBlood?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Quote:One sister smartly comments that "when you have bled out,all you need is ringers solution to expand the volume". I thought to myself, "what a bunch of fucking retards. Will ringers solution carry oxygen to your brain? if so she needs some stat because she is brain dead"

When I was in the hospital I had lost a lot of blood. So much so that the anesthesiologist took it upon himself to give me ringers in both hands..he said my blood count was dangerously low. The Drs that the JW's had recommended wasn't even paying attention or he just didn't care. He was the only Dr around at the time that would operate without blood. Sometimes I wonder if the bad Drs were the only ones that would agree because it was the only way they could get patients!

Anyway I was so weak it took me over a month to get my strength back..Were the JW's there to help me? No. My non JW mom that cried when I became a JW was there to cook and clean and watch her 3 grandchildren (and my JW hubby).

The witnesses said It was a miracle from Jehovah that I lived..I say it was a Dr that cared and a loving Mom that helped me recover.

Snoozy, who believes in giving praise to the one that deserves it.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Great story snoozy. I am glad you made it.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit