Will only "incorrigibly wicked" people be destroyed at Armageddon?

by poor places 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

It's all bull$hit...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The Watchtower concept is that the organisation is equal to the ark. Just as everyone except the 8 in the ark died, so everyone not a Watchtower follower will die. You cannot be half bad, or incorrigibly bad, you either are associated with the organisation or dead. Just as God is supposed to have killed mothers and babies and animals and plants at the flood, regardless of their level of badness.

• tec
    tec

Who is last? Why? What are they doing while they wait? Last to get where? So where do they end up?

Last to be called... or last to answer the call to follow Christ, and serve. I think a similar passage is the one in which the owner of a vineyard goes out and invites different people to work in his vineyard at different times of the day, but the one who works the least amount of time (last called) still works for the same wage.

I think the point is that it matters how you have been serving... more than it matters how long (or short) you have been serving.

That is my understanding.

Peace,

Tammy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To them, "incorrigibly wicked" means those who cannot or will not be brought into total compliance with everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger says. One might be "incorrigibly wicked" if one simply refuses to buy into the "a generation" fiasco, or if they simply want to be left in peace and not waste all their time in field circus for the next 80 years or more. To be "corrigible" in their eyes, one must be willing to abandon everything and believe everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out without questioning it.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Poor Places...

It would be interesting to see what was actually on the outline he used... I'm willing to bet that he added the word "only" to the sentence that reads: "Incorrigibly wicked people will destoyed at Armageddon"...

A few years ago, during field circus, I heard an elder telling a "study" (or should I say an "interested one"?) that even if a person gets visited just once by a JW and doesn't accept what that JW says, he/she will die at Armageddon. Just last year, I reminded him of that and he could not recall ever saying that. He then starts to lean on Proverbs 4:18 (as a lot of JWs do when they're caught contradicting themselves) and goes on to say that the Society occasionally makes mistakes and no one really knows for sure who will die at Armageddon except Jehovah.

I then show him a list of WT references very similar to ones listed by LeavingWT and Diamondiiz above... As expected, he really did not want to read what the WT has put in their own publications (to avoid looking like a fool, I'm assuming) and then told me that I should really stop nit-picking and simply preach the good news just as Jesus mandated... I than asked him: "how can I preach the good news if I keep getting contradicting information about it?"

I'll spare you the back-and-forth we got into afterwards, but there was no way to get him to wake up... as usual, he was more interested in his wity comebacks than actually examining the evidence before him...

But just so you're clear... the WT's official stand is that anyone who has heard or read the "good news" by so much as a tract left by a JW child and has not taken steps towards becoming a JW will be destoyed at Armageddon...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I also noticed the WT that mentioned those "incorrigibly wicked" bastards - interesting and certainly deliberate choice of words for the public edition. The latest CO, though, hit on the point that there is to be "a great crowd" that no one would number, and certainly 7M is not innumerable. Seemed he was widening out the interpretation of who are naughty and who are nice...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's clear that many JWs (including me, although I don't believe anymore) don't have a strong grasp of WT doctrine.

It's probably worth asking why these doctrines aren't more clear in believers' minds.

It's true.......JWs DO NOT know their own doctrines. They are too lazy. They leave research & study to the F&DS (as they are told to do). To quote one long time JW: "If the WT said to plant turnips upside down, I'd plant turnips upside down."

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT NEW LITERATURE (I know I know, last thing you want to do. But let's face it JWN members read it closer than R&F members). There is NO doctrine. It's all just warm & fuzzy better familiy life/better marriage/better health/better future/we love you/God loves you/ etc. DOCTRINE is hidden in a * footnote or an Appendix way in the back of the book. The last "study book" with doctrine was the red "Live Forever" book -- long ago buried on the shelf and collecting dust.

Current WTs don't have articles on doctrine. The two WT articles on 607 were the rare exception, and probably resulted from all the "fall out" resulting from it throughout the Organization. They had to try to settle the questions. Now, elders can refer to those mindless articles as HISTORY that supports the 607 doctrine. JWs won't look any further.

Don't confuse them with doctrine -- you might stumble them!

DOC

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I am sorry, dear Tammy, that I wasn't clear. The questions were to get people thinking.

R ead about the Great Tribulation in Luke and Revelation, then read Luke chapter 12 and 13 and the parellel accounts in the other gospels and ask the Lord for wisdom.

42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

Some things I wonder: Who is last? Why? What are they doing while they wait? Last to get where? So where do they end up?

I am sorry, dear Tammy, that I wasn't clear. The questions were to get people thinking.

Many Christians believe that there are two eventualities at judgment, one of those being eternal torment. The weeping and the gnashing of the teeth are sometimes used to prove this idea of hell. But look! Those weeping and gnashing their teeth are last to take their place at the feast. They must not stay in hell forever. Compare this to the example of the slaves. Some get beaten with few strokes, some with many, and others get the worst punishment possible (compare to the account in Matthew). So the one beaten with few strokes, does he then finish taking his punishment/discipline and go to sit at the table (last) in the kingdom of God?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, the words "Incorribly Wicked", isn't in the scriptures, but I have seen it in the Public edition of the WT, and I did use it not too long ago in my talk. I used it, because I don't believe that only JW's will stand as the ones only righteous before the Son of Man, Jesus. There are wicked JW's too.

In the world there are 7 billion and there is a growth rate of 1.17 %. That means 79 million babies are born each year. How, can we make the statement that JW's will only survive? It's really a bold statement. I know the Soc has printed it in many shapes and forms.

The Soc may have some ulterior motive behind making that assertion.

• tec
    tec

The questions were to get people thinking.

Gotcha :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit