Is the effect of beer different from that of wine?

by compound complex 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Have some dopamine on me

• darthfader
    darthfader

One Beer gives me "hobo pee" for the night...

One glass of wine makes me flush... get sleepy and go to bed...

I'm afraid I'm not very alcohol tolerant

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Good Friends, for sharing your experiences and "scientific" research! I knew you'd come through and help me in my time of need. This information is helpful on many levels (especially at the on-the-floor-and-looking-up level).

See, I can type!

CoCo Ivre Non Plus

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I like the taste of red wine and of some beers but I have a condition which is called the asian flush i'm not asian as far as i can tell but whenever i drink even a very small amount my face flushes red. Apparently it's common among asians and it has to do with having enzymes in your liver. Sometimes if we go out to dinner I'll have something to drink if i could it would be a nice merlot or cabernet or a shiraz and if it's beer a blue moon or dos equis.

• compound complex
    compound complex

You appear very knowledgeable, Miss Drew! I have an altogether low tolerance for alcohol.

Thanks for sharing.

CoCo

• White Dove
    White Dove

Three drinks of anything is my limit.

I have to stir the bubbles out of beer or it gives me problems.

I've had a bottle of beer and then a glass of wine with meals and it doesn't do anything but buzz me gently.

• talesin
    talesin

There's something about the formaldehyde in some commercial beers that doesn't agree with my digestive system. Go figure ... a couple of micro-brews (Best Bitter is nice) go down smooth, and no after-effects. If I do have one or two more, I just feel a bit tired the next day.

Wine, on the other hand, is purely a pleasurable drink. One or two only, please, and make it red. White, or more than two of red, and I will NOT feel well the next day.

I had a friend years ago, that couldn't drink vodka. One drink, and she fainted. I kid you not. She had a strange physical reaction to it, so never drank it except for that one time.

tal

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I have been drunk after drinking too much beer and after drinking too much wine.

At that particular moment, I dont recall having noticed too much difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit