Holy crap! Sign-language video

by lilbluekitty 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

This may not be new to some of you but look at this sign-language video done by the society on Learn From The Great Teacher.

Not sure if it will show up:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/booArCuBYiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If that doesn't work here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booArCuBYiY

For those that don't know sign-language (I don't) he's saying: "Do you know what they may do to get pleasure for themselves?— Well, they may try to rub your sex organs. Or they will even rub their sex organs against yours. But you should never let anybody play with your penis or vulva. Not even your own brother or sister or your mother or father. These parts of your body are private" ("Learn From The Great Teacher," 2006, p. 171,? par 1; ch. 32, par. 15) Published by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society). That part is bad enough, but you don't even need to know sign language for this. I will let this video speak for itself. 0_o

Yeah, I really want my kids to watch this...right, over my dead body!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booArCuBYiY

Edited to add: This is creepy. That guy looked like he thoroughly enjoyed what he was talking about....ewwwwwwww!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Nope, not creepy at all.

That guy is a very good signer.

That is the proper way to sign in front of an audience on stage.

That is why interpreters are a poor replacement for the real thing.

Grammar is perfect or near perfect.

Their videos are very good for learning ASL and ASL poetry (Kingdom Melodies), but once you understand the gist of what they are saying, it'll make you sick.

I couldn't even finish it. Sorry.

I recommend anything from Gallaudet University, instead.

The quality is just as good but it is geared toward teaching the language and culture, not a religion.

Bird of a Different Feather by Ben Behan Ph.D will put you through ASL boot camp.

It'll kick your butt.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

You should rewatch it though, he looks like a pervert pedophile freak. (Redundant I realize...)

• White Dove
    White Dove

You haven't watched many ASL videos, have you?

Watch Ben Behan (Google him and watch videos).

They all look like this.

Grammar is in the facial expressions and is a requirement.

Big eyes, raised eyebrows, mouth movements are all grammar.

I guess I can understand how ASL done right could scare the shit out of hearies, lol!

Yeah, okay. I see it now. hahahahaha

But really, it's so nice to see someone doing it the right way.

He's not interpreting anything from another person talking.

That makes all the difference.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wanna get freaked out more?

Watch ASL story telling videos.

They are really good.

• poppers
    poppers

Yup, very creepy. I wonder if he washed his hands afterwards.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, White Dove, for illuminating what ASL is all about for those of us hearies. By insulting this man to try and insult the WTS, the whole deaf community is being insulted.

Blondie (official interpreter at work)

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Blondie and others, I meant no disrespect to the deaf community, I just feel that for me, as a person who does not know sign-language, the man's facial expressions and hip-thrusting and such were quite disturbing to me. I've seen some sign-language things but I never saw one with a man making very sexual faces (I realize the topic was sexual but still) geared towards young children. That's all.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I didn't mean to insult the deaf community, but I still think that presentation was creepy if it was geared toward children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit