Are you sure leaving the JW religion has made your life better?. Lurkers think twice

by mankkeli 260 Replies latest jw experiences

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I gave Halloween candy to my neighbors and we all laughed together and are getting to know eachother! No more isolation!

I can engage in my husband's hobbies without feeling guilty!

I can meet his friends without feeling guilty!

My daughter can play with other kids!

I can enjoy holiday songs and decorations!

I can show love and support to my cousin and nephew in military service and I can even hug them!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Yes it is better! Much better!

I understand unconditional love!

I am less judgmental.

I have more patience.

I have no fear of death. No fear at all actually!

My whole family has more friends.

I am not worried about the Great Tribulation God killing off my gym buddies, workmates, neighbors, family, friends.

I no longer feel guilty about everything.

I don't have to "serve kingdom interests" in order to not feel guilty for a few minutes.

I don't fear the future.

I have joy.

I know Christ.

Wishing you the peace that I have come to know,

Shades.

• Fe2O3Girl
  • mankkeli
    mankkeli

OUTLAW - Would you say your life is better than those of your friends and families who are still in?

Leavingwt - Of what value is that freedom we are all yearning if we cant share it with those we love most?

Found sheep - Does it matter to you that you have lost your brother?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

1- proof - I was depressed/suicidal for 75% of my life as a JW

NOW - I love my life...

2- I was extreamly underweight while a JW and not healthy

Now BMI is 21.3 I have more energy, I'm in much better shape

3- I was always scraping by to pay bills as a JW

not anymore

4- I'm going back to school

5- I'm working on some hobbies/ fixing the house - never had time for that before

6- I vote and now understand the difference democratic/republican - I am able to express political views

7- I dressed for holloween and made a lot of people smile

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

ShadesofGrey - Does your new found freedom assure you of a life-free problem?,

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Leavingwt - Of what value is that freedom we are all yearning if we cant share it with those we love most?

Of what value is being around the ones we love the most, if we cannot share with them what is in our hearts?

• Fe2O3Girl
  • ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Do you mean a problem-free life? No.

But the problems are easier to handle when you have real friends and family.

The problems are easier to handle when you are assured of your God's loyalty and approval.

The problems are easier to handle when you aren't being beat-down day in and day out.

The problems are easier to handle when you have the fruit of the Spirit.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Funny, I joined up with JWs because at the time I believed it was the right thing to do; later I left because I realized THAT was the right thing to do.

I thought joining was the right thing because I believed they had the Truth. When I found out some 15 years later that they, in fact, did NOT have the truth and that their leaders are liars and hypocrites, then I left because that was now the right thing to do.

Sometimes you just gotta' do the right thing, because it IS the right thing.

I'm just not that into living a lie. Been there, done that. Adios, Sayonara, Hasta La Vista, Arrivederci, auf Wiedersehen, Until We Meet Again ...

Ciao baby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit