Disfellowshipping Rescinded!

by 00DAD 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I read most, but not all of this thread, and have not seen what I heard of that happened many years ago here in Texas.

Like I said, this happened years ago, and I was a teen when it happened, and was not privy to all of the details. Most of what I know was transferred through the 'gossip' grapevine.

There was a man who was very popular in the local TV scene. He was a tv personality for many years. He was really into the JW religion, and so was always careful how he approached holidays, birthdays, etc on his tv show (it was a children's show - showing cartoons and interviewing kiddos on the show).

Anyway, he retired, and moved from the local area to the hill country just north of the city. He and his wife went to a local small-town KH. Somewhere along the way, he decided he was one of the 'annointed'. A few years later... guess what? His wife, also, decided she was one of the 'annointed'. This raised a few eyebrows, but most accepted their choice and decision - after all... it was considered a matter between them and god.

We didn't hear much from them until one day shock went through all of the local congregations with the news that both of them had been DF'ed. Not much in the gossip chain as to the 'why' of it, just that they were DF'ed. This, of course, had many speculating as to why, but no one really had any answers as to why.

A few months passed, and news came through the 'gossip' chain that they both had appealed their DF'ing - to Brooklyn - and were 'exonerated' - that was the word used, which was unusual to all of us. Not re-instated, nor any other term that might have been used. No, 'exonerated'.

Also, there was news going around that a 'team' from Brooklyn was being dispatched to investigate the congregation that DF'ed the two.

I don't think anything ever came of the investigation though, because years later the same yahoos were elders in that KH.

I don't know what ever hapened to this man and his wife. Hopefully, they got out of the JWs, and spent the rest of their lives free from the religion, but probably not.

This was the only time that I had ever heard of anyone being 'exonerated', after appealing their DF'ing. But, I wasn't on the inside track, and really didn't hear too much info, unless it was on the 'gossip' line.

Regards,

Jim TX

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"When that didn't work, I set up a meeting with the circuit overseer.

His response was that since the elders decisions are guided by holy spirit, any decision they make is not a "mistake"."

The real madness is that some (most?) of them really believe this!

DOC

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My cousin (Restrangled on this forum) was disfellowshipped in the 70's in Chicago. The decision was appealed and lost. The DF'ing was announced, however her parents pulled in some real heavy weights from Bethel. The DF'ing was reversed.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Talesin: I wrote to Kwintestal on 10/6/11 asking for info, but have not gotten a response. I'll try searching for the thread though. Thanks!

• 00DAD
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

Flipper, thanks for sharing the synopsis of your experience. You obviously, and understandably, still have a lot of hostility because of how you were mistreated. I'm encouraged by your standing up for yourself and your family that stood by you.

You mentioned a "Doc Bob" letter in your post. What is that?

Daniel

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I didn't read all of the replies, but that would really shock me. My hearing was admittedly handled very badly... I should not have been called names and then d-fed for being too emotional about it. THEY HATE WOMEN! But I digress... the elder who called me names actually apologized and asked for forgiveness, but it changed nothing. I was d-fed for a full year, even tho one of the elders was pushing for early re-instatment due to my attitude, my attending two bookstudies on different days, and that I was pg and the baby was going to be born.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This maybe a little off topic, but the thought behind Prov 28:13 has been greatly ignored by JCs when dealing the R & F: "......but he that is confessing and leaving them (his transgressions) will be shown mercy."

I know of a C O not long ago who told our circuit of Elders that there were too many public and private reproofs and that they needed to have a little more of a backbone when dealing with the publishers. His comment influenced many an Elder. The result was that disfellowshippings skyrocketed to the detriment of the R & F.

It's not the loving guidance of God's word that rules in the JC process. Rather it's the opinion of the rigid, hard-nosed and loveless!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Thank You!

"......but he that is confessing and leaving them (his transgressions) will be shown mercy."

• lasch
    lasch

Jim TX ... Was that Captain Kangaroo? HA!! I'm showing my age now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit