Dec.15th WT -WTS Expects JW's to Preach Despite Chronic Illness - Sick !

by flipper 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Are the inmates running the assylum?

Bangalore

• nugget
    nugget

I think one of the problems is the dehumanising effect of the task oriented society. This means that everyone is encouraged to focus on the task and anyone seen to be slacking is letting the side down. This article is basically saying that having a chronic illness is no excuse for doing less, the society would rather people made their condition worse by going out on the ministry possibly fatally so and then use them as fine examples to guilt the flock rather than follow medical advice and take their condition seriously.

This is a religion that robs it's members of logic and compassion it is all about the paradise and how hard you work for it. There is something very wrong about judging people by numbers on a report card and forgetting their worth as a human being.

• life is to short
    life is to short

(There is something very wrong about judging people by numbers on a report card and forgetting their worth as a human being.)

Very well said nugget.

LITS

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So we have a JW who suffers from depression?

What ever happened to JWs being 'the happiest people on earth'?

This is blatant 'guilt, fear and phobia' tactics to get the r&f to do MORE MORE MORE!!! Always MORE!!

This time they're using possible disabilities to do it. This is truly diaboical!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

OH this reminds me of one of my JW pet PEEVES!!!!!! Disabled , or at least get the check, JW's that pioneer

These stories are so sad!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, Flipper, you just about said it all in your Opening Post...

But White Dove's comment:

".....She's also disgusted with the stories of the walking dead going door to door.
    One sister said at an assembly, "If you can breathe, you can pioneer!"
    Cue thunderous applause.
    They are lying about almost dead people going door to door. ..."

Made me think...

Methinks that the "experiences" mentioned in that Watchtower are probably as "real" as those touted from the podium at the assemblies...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Are the inmates running the assylum? ..." [Bangalore]

Shee-yite, the inmates BUILT the dayyammed asylum....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe my KH was poorer than most. I was struck when I was young that my mom went to work at a factory so we could have food to eat. She was criticized and ordered to quit her job. She ignored them. When I met for FS meetings, though, so many of the pioneers were disabled. They collected checks. If you can walk around knocking on doors for hours, you can work. Not one of them ever realized that if the govt knew that they were running around in field service, their benefits would be terminated. They were able to do FS. Theocratic warfare.

Their children did not eat but they pioneered.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I saw that too many times. Parents on welfare or part time , while their kids grew up in poverty. Bute they "didn't lack anything". Well I did see one couple with this game plan who's children complained to their school teacher, and both those kids were removed from their home. I understand they get full meals now.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Well I did see one couple with this game plan who's children complained to their school teacher, and both those kids were removed from their home. I understand they get full meals now. ..."

Smart kids!!

I wish that sort of social system had been in place when I was a kid.... If I had known that I could have squealed on my parents to the cops, they would have been behind bars in a New York minute...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit