Dec.15th WT -WTS Expects JW's to Preach Despite Chronic Illness - Sick !

by flipper 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Ah yes.....don't let little things like depression or life-threatening illnesses prevent you from banging on peoples doors Saturday mornings. Remember the sister with the iron lung who somehow 'preached' for years before she died? It's nothing but another scare & guilt tactic to try and get those numbers up.

The only positive thing about field serve-us, is that it got people out of the house and got them a bit of exercise. In the nicer weather, I can understand how Service could help some, simply because it's a proven fact that both the sun and physical exercise can help eleviate depression. However, I find it disturbing that they are hinting that even if you have cancer, that's no excuse to stop Serve-Us. The fact that the patient is probably having chemo or radiation and should NOT be around alot of people since their immune system would be very low during this time, is totally ignored. Not to mention that the person would have no energy to be going out knocking on doors. Do these idiots have any functioning braincells at all?

• designs
    designs

Children in certain 3rd world countries are intentionally maimed and put out of the streets a beggars. My uncle was used in a JW film because he used crutches to walk.

Using Illness to Manipulate is one of the signs you are in a Cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

To be fair, if WTS encouraged the depressed not to preach but to take care of themselves first, that would be the majority of JW's not preaching. Let's face it- their preaching work is the depressing part.

But yeah, if anyone ever did any telemarketing, they know that is no activity to cheer up the depressed.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

We had a brother in our hall that had broken both of this feet and ankles by falling off of the roof of a kingdom hall during a remodel. For the rest of his life he could never stand or walk for very long. Because of that he could not go Door-to-door for more than about 1/2 hour at a time.

In spite of his other amazing QUALITIES as a loving, caring human being and kind, gentle, considerate person, our elder body--in it's wisdom (and yes, I was one of the idiots that went along with this stupid, unfeeling decision)--would never appoint him as an elder because his field service hours were always low. It's depressing in retrospect to think about how unloving the overall "theocratic arrangement" is. And I have to say, from what I've read here, it appears that I was in one of the BETTER congregations than the rest of y'all!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

In the end, the article has nothing to do with preaching despite brain tumors, arthritis, whatever. For all we know, that stuff is just made up.

What this article is designed to do is infect the reader with inappropriate guilt about not spending enough time in the ministry.

The society are the ones guilty of using 19th century technology to give people busy work rather than fully exploiting modern media to get the word out.

But well know why they don't use the Internet as much as they should...

• life is to short
    life is to short

00DAD your post breaks my heart. How unloving can they be?

Well flipper I was wondering how they can post such uncarring grabage after they had the question box in the Novermeber KM telling us not to send in the coupons or internet requests because they are just getting complaints by people thinking that the JW's have them on a some soft of mailing list and (gasp) some who have called on these people have been put in the awkward position when individual expressed irritation.

How do those at the branch think I feel when I have went door to door with the Schizophrenic's those who are so mentally ill that they are hearing voices while we are going door to door and they insist that they take their share of the doors. The householder are looking at us like what the heck are you doing here. OMG I have been with so many JW's that are truly crazy and the ooze their craziness, they are unclean they will not SHOWER (like water might kill them), they reek with body odor, etc and these ones are not Schizophrenic just crazy JW's. I do not know why I have been so lucky but evey hall I have been in we have had so many mentally ill in the hall. Every householder looks at us with pity or they are just plain mad that we are bugging them.

These articles do nothing to help the rank and file it only pushes the mentally ill to do more and like OTWO said that then prevents them from getting the true help they really need.

But we all need to keep in mind not to send in any those pesky requests slips because God forbid we inconvenience the GB and those at Bethel, as their time is to important to handle those who are irritated by our door to door work.

LITS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hey, they want to snake on doing the hassle work by honoring those coupons. Why shouldn't the regular preachers also snake-preach? Those at the top should be setting the example--snake at the top, it should be acceptable for those at the bottom to snake as well.

I bet most of these experiences in the rags are embellished or totally fake. I do not advocate wearing oneself out doing crap that one doesn't enjoy--especially when one is sick. If you are going to wear yourself out when terminally ill, it should be doing something you truly enjoy doing. That way, at least you will die enjoying what you are doing. Field circus is hardly my idea of what is enjoyable. And, healthy people should not be wasting their healthy time doing field circus, since it accomplishes precisely nothing.

As bad as depriving terminally ill people the right to do what they enjoy during their last years, it is worse when you deprive healthy people. In that case, the person might be able to do much more. Putting up Christmas decorations, taking a holiday to the other side of the world, doing genuine volunteer work, and other enjoyable work is much better. And, if one is healthy enough to pious-sneer, they are healthy enough to start their own business and earn some money that will come in handy later. The worst part is that they are deprived, not just for a few weeks or months, but often 30 to 50 years or more of prime enjoying time by wasting it in field circus.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Flipper..

Actually the WBT$ has fixed it so JW`s can count time in a Coma..

If some one is in the hospital..Uconcious..

A card with WBT$ information can be placed on the Hospital bed table beside them..

Theres no excuse for JW`s not Preach the WBT$ message..

Even in a Coma..

What else would you expect from a cult that uses JW Funerals as a WBT$ Infomercial..

The WBT$ doesn`t stop using JW`s until they`re actually Buried..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember once, when an elderly brother had passed away. He had been severely ill toward the end of his life, to the point where he couldn't leave the house. And when they announced his death at the service meeting, the brother made a point of stating that he had still managed to put in about 5 hours of field service from his death bed.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Her id card was revoked b/c she could not go door to door.

Band on the Run, I'm curious--what "id card" do you mean? Witnesses don't issue id cards. Was your grandmother a pioneer? Was it her pioneer card?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit