I just had JWs come to my door

by Scarred for life 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I had not seen them in my neighborhood in at least 4 years. I ddn't go to the door. I avoid them when at all possible. How often do you see JWs in your neighborhood. I used to see them a LOT more often.

• mamamo
    mamamo

It seems to me I used to see them more often. We had a group going around our neighborhood and I told my kids they weren't JW because they were all wearing jeans. Sure enough, some other church was having a special thing going on.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I am in a densely populated US city. We have several local KH's. In the 3 years I have lived here, I've seen JW's twice in my neighborhood. The first time, they weren't looking for English-speaking people. It was a Polish JW girl and her grandmother looking for Polish-speaking people to recruit for their foreign language congregation several miles away. The second time, it was two older ladies putting memorial flyers in people's doors, and one older man (acting as a lookout).

Edit: We also have a local IFB (Independent Fundamental Baptist) church, and they've come to my door several times.

• poppers
    poppers

How often do you see JWs in your neighborhood.

They come to my door about every other year. I have JW neighbors two doors down and they host Wednesday morning meetings, but they never come to mine. When I do get visits I challenge their beliefs so I think the word is out to stay away from my place. The last time I saw them canvasing the neighborhood was prior to the last memorial and they knocked on my door in a very urgent manner. When I started to question their beliefs they practically ran away.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    We also have a local IFB (Independent Fundamental Baptist) church, and they've come to my door several times.

Ah, I remember them days when I was an IFB. We called it soul winning.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

GN: My ex-girlfriend's mom attended an IFB, so I went along. I do recall the pastor talking about how they would go out soul winnin'

• moshe
    moshe

The JWs need to be educated- you can do that with a sign on your door.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't see JWs out in service like I used to.

Then again, they put me on their DNC list because I have apostate literature (photocopies of "old light" WT publications).

• blondie
    blondie

We had no visits for about 10 years; now we get one about once a year, around the CO visit. We are "inactive" and keep our beliefs to ourself. No decorations to speak of except fopr the snowman and snowflakes we put up the first snowfall of the season and keep up until the first day of spring. Our motto is no pearls before swine.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Before I moved, I saw them quite often. I only lived like 2 miles away, so... I've lived here a year and a half and only seen them once. Well, twice if you count the time one of my in-laws told a friend of hers it was okay to come by. (Thanks for saying that without asking either of us, BTW.)

I also used to see a lot of Mormons even though there weren't any Mormon temples nearby that I know of. Mormons and JWs were in the neighborhood at the same time on at least 2 if not 3 occasions. I'm sure that was fun for everybody. You shut the door on one and here comes another group like 10 mins later. Grrr...

I thought 7th Day Adventists did door to door work too, but I never saw any of them even though they were only 1 mile away. So I guess that's wrong?

I used to see Pentecostals almost as often of JWs and Mormons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit