Great..i'm Craving Brussel Sprouts now. Way to go shelby *

by Voices 30 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well.

:D

• ziddina
    ziddina

Cheez, how can I pass up a thread with "brussel sprouts" in the title???

And now I'm going to go eat some of the home-made pumpkin cake and home-made gingerbread boys that I baked up yesterday while it was snowing...

Ah, such a cozy feeling!!! The fragrance of gingerbread and pumpkin pie spices [used them in the pumpkin cake] wafting through the kitchen as the snow falls...

Now I feel all warm and snuggly...

• watersprout
    watersprout
    In the meantime, I'm gonna add this one to the new (and VERY nice, I might add!) recipe book I recently received from a very dear one for my birthday! It shall be entry No.1!

I'm sure your friend will forgive you for adding ''sprout *shudders* soup'' to your new recipe book! LOLOLOL

And now I'm going to go eat some of the home-made pumpkin cake and home-made gingerbread boys that I baked up yesterday while it was snowing...

Ah, such a cozy feeling!!! The
    fragrance
    of gingerbread and pumpkin pie spices [used them in the pumpkin cake] wafting through the kitchen as the snow falls...
    Now I feel all warm and snuggly...

Awwww Zid that sounds soo Christmassy! We just have wet weather, damp and very British... Apparently snow is on it's way... As long as it's here for Christmas.... Yey!

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'm sure your friend will forgive you for adding ''sprout *shudders* soup'' to your new recipe book! LOLOLOL

I'm sure she will, too, dear WS (peace to you!). She's like that. BTW, the "battle" between good (brussels) and evil (succotash) vegetables continues... on the other thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/217480/4/Popularity-Contest

Peace!

SA... on her own... who's seriously considering shunning dear Zid (peace to you, as well!) due to her worship and idolatry of the Great Pumpkin (I'm a sweet potato girl, m'self. Pumpkin... ewwwww!)...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "who's seriously considering shunning dear Zid (peace to you, as well!) due to her worship and idolatry of the Great Pumpkin (I'm a sweet potato girl, m'self. Pumpkin... ewwwww!)..."

Hey, don't knock it 'till you've tried fresh-cooked pumpkin in a decent zuccini-bread/cake recipe...

And I learned two things from this last batch that I cooked up - which was the best batch ever!!

First, since the pumpkin must be PRE-COOKED to make it easier to handle - easier to put into the zuccini-bread batter...

Wash the pumpkin, remove the seeds [to cook separately later on], cut the pumpkin up AND LEAVE THE SKIN ON, bake for around an hour at around 300 - 325 degrees so that it will be easier to put the pumkin into the zuccini-bread recipe - REMOVE THE SKINS after pre-cooking, before using it in the zuccini-bread recipe -

but ESPECIALLY DON'T pre-cook the pumpkin in METAL... Use a GLASS dish - one with a COVER - seals in the moisture and flavor...

Second, DON'T use "oil", as called for in the zuccini-bread recipe. Use an equal amount of BUTTER , instead...

Oh, and I used turbinado sugar - it has a lovely flavor, as opposed to plain old white sugar...

Zid

• james_woods
    james_woods

I remember that Leave It To Beaver's dad tried to get him to eat Brussel Sprouts - he said to think of them as little cabbages.

Beaver said - "But Dad, I don't like cabbage either..."

• AGuest
    AGuest
    but ESPECIALLY DON'T pre-cook the pumpkin in METAL... Use a GLASS dish - one with a COVER - seals in the moisture and flavor...Second, DON'T use "oil", as called for in the zuccini-bread recipe. Use an equal amount of BUTTER , instead... Oh, and I used turbinado sugar - it has a lovely flavor, as opposed to plain old white sugar...

Okay, so wait, dear Zid (peace, chile!): glass dish... BUTTER... and turbinado sugar??! Well, OKAY then, girl... that makes ALL the difference in the world! Especially the BUTTER (which is fat candy! What can't taste good if it includes BUTTER!). Since you've added BUTTER (vs. oil... ewwwww!)... and "special" sugar (not that bleached out white stuff!)... I will continue to associate with you! Heck, I'll even allow you to worship the vegetable god with me (uh, if you want to, that is)!

think of them as little cabbages.

Oh, no, dear JW (peace to you, as well!). While I sometimes worship the god of the lowly BS... I literally bow DOWN at the altar of the Cabbage God (who is NOT the same god nor it is the same vegetable, at all)! That one is, IMHO, the Highest High Vegetable God... especially when I mix that [worship] with my undying reverence for the Summer (Yellow) Crooked-necked Squash, as well! Talk about your interdenominational veggie mixer!! Oh... my... gosh... I... am... craving... sauted vegetables, right now...

Peace, chickens!

SA, on her own... who may need a bib to assist with all the drooling...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Oh, no, dear JW (peace to you, as well!). While I sometimes worship the god of the lowly BS... I literally bow DOWN at the altar of the Cabbage God (who is NOT the same god nor it is the same vegetable, at all)! That one is, IMHO, the Highest High Vegetable God... especially when I mix that [worship] with my undying reverence for the Summer (Yellow) Crooked-necked Squash, as well! Talk about your interdenominational veggie mixer!! Oh... my... gosh... I... am... craving... sauted vegetables, right now...

Well, as R. Lee Ermey once said on "Lock & Load" - you can fix ANYTHING with hot sauce.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...Heck, I'll even allow you to worship the vegetable god with me (uh, if you want to, that is)!..."

A-HEM!!!

That would be - vegetable GODDESS, dear!!!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    you can fix ANYTHING with hot sauce.

You CAN, dear JW (again, peace to you!)... and brussels and cabbage are certainly in there for ME! MUST have a dash or two (or three!)...

That would be - vegetable GODDESS, dear!!!

Yes, you're right, to some degree, dear Zid (peace, as well!), as they DO all come from "Mother" Earth - LOLOLOL! However, I tend to have a bit more reverence for the "guy" who makes them grow - you know, who does the "fertilizing" and "watering".

Althoughhhhhh ... I AM loyal to the "sisterhood", sooooo... OKAY: you worship the goddess... I'll worship the god... and we'll both sit down and enjoy a fantastic meal with both "deities" represented! How's that?

Peace!

SA, who's very non-denominational, vegetable-wise... on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit