An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

I don't have an objection - stuff on the internet is available to all, and it doesn't matter to me who reads or evaluates, agrees or disagrees. I was just wondering what sort of evaluation you meant.

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

FAME!!!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah go on size...I'm curious about what he says...You do intend to share the information I take it?

• N.drew
    N.drew

How embarrassing!

• N.drew
    N.drew

OOPS

wrong

thread

bumma

• sizemik
    sizemik

It would be the factors relating to human psychology giving rise to certain common behaviors. How motivation, social influences, emotions etc., effect communication. Identifying behavioral disorders. Also, analysing the cognitive processes, and how they are influenced by mental representations, memory etc . Cognitive failure. Use of certain types of language. Writing styles and expressions. That sort of thing. Could be mildly interesting.

You do intend to share the information I take it?

Yes . . . but to be fair . . . individuals would not be identified.

• still thinking
    still thinking

oooohhh could be scary!!!....and revealing....I feel exposed!!...na...go on...LOL

• N.drew
    N.drew

You won't ask , but one poster seemed to me to have alluded to it.

The problem.

Seeing starving homeless people is very emotionally shocking. It causes a bad response in everyone. It is something all the world has in common. Even animals that are starving and mistreated are hard for most people to ignore.

So it seems like a good illustration to use to prove God doesn't exist. But the problem is wider than the people. It has to do more with governments, pollitics and regimes (prevailing social system or pattern) then with individuals. So to feed the starving people the god would need to deal first with the power that causes the starvation.

So then, I tried to bring the problem closer to home by changing the group god should save. Because government doesn't cause human trafficking, desire does. And you all cried FOUL stupid fool. I try not to take offense. (This is an aside; it is one good thing Shelby's posts do for me to learn patient endurance. Heck I got kicked off, for forever, another religious forum. Am I embarrassed? Hell no! It was one of my proudest moments).

I will expose another reason that some people believe there can't be a superior god type.

Human trafficking. Some people's first idea is "what century is she in". I'm she. I'm talking about now.

Why do we ignore the children in our own country that are being sold? If the exploitation were brought to light, it could be addressed a myriad of different ways and eventually eradicated. Why do you not know about it? Should God know about it, but you should not?

What could you do?

educate yourself about you neighbor

vote for people who know about more than their campaign and work for justice, not for show, but for peace

provide for run aways

buy books that expose the fraud

Did anyone Google Rachel Lloyd? Why not?

Did anyone buy her book? Why not?

If anti-slavery became popular, how much harder would it become for the pimps?

Do you know some pimps are popular and well liked?

Do you know what pimps do to their women?

Why are they free to treat Americans the way they do?

Do you think it is because the ladies ask for it? Read the book.

What's my point?

The Holy One in whom we put trust gave the Earth to man. If The Holy One did what you want HIM to do, HE would need to vacate HIS OWN WILL. Jah would take back the Earth for what you are saying HE should do.

If you do not understand, then either go understand, or leave it alone.

My point is you would have the Earth returned to The Most High Holy Jah, because you don't care to believe we can change it for good? Why do you believe we can't change it for good? I have not witnessed any believer on this forum who has said out right atheists are no good. I have seen it many times reversed. I personally do not believe atheists are no good. OK?

Call me nuts, just support the cause. OK?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Tec, you may have missed it:

On page 38, Tec addressed my questions to AGuest. On page 39, AGuest addressed my questions.

I wasn't really interested in her silly answer. All I did was turn her ridiculous comment on page 36 around back on her. If you want to sling such ridiculous statements around, you have to be able to look at them reflected back on you.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    So to feed the starving people the god would need to deal first with the power that causes the starvation.

N.drew....Didn't Jesus feed the 5,ooo? with a few loaves and fishes? Didn't he feed them in the desert for 40 years?....why would God have to deal with anything? Why not just feed them?

You cannot control all the worlds population n.drew...facists tried and failed. As much as we would like to think that all our efforts will change situations like human trafficing you will NEVER get all people to do it...because so many don't want to.

This still doesn't negate the fact that YOUR God can do something about it...but doesn't.

By the way...you did pose doubt that atheists would abstain from sex for seven years to help these children...which I find kind of amusing since I am sure that most people here would, and yet your god doesn't help these children when it is within his power to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit