Does the Jehovah's Witnesses fall into category of being an organized cult ?

by Finkelstein 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Charles Manson says that WTS are minor-leaguers, but that he's willing to help them improve given an appropriate agreement.

https://www.google.com/search?q=charles+manson+family

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Seems to fit

• carla
    carla

My first thought just reading the title of thread was, "does a bear x@#$ in the woods?"

How the wt could not be thought of as a cult is beyond me and that is after reading specifically about cults, brainwashing, etc....when mine first joined up, and all of those books did not even mention jw's. Many were going back to when US soldiers were coming back from Korea, psychology and so forth. Seeing my own husband succumb and its effects solidified my belief that jw's are most certainly a cult. One can clearly see him go into cult mode (eyes, mannerisms, speech, etc..) and I am not alone in seeing this phenomenon. Scary as hell when you see for the first few times! Was scary enough for me to see much less explain to children at the time.

Over time his spiral into jw-ism is less prominent, I think he has just learned to hide it better over time. He clearly saw that people were shocked by his demeanor, appearance or something when he went full on jw. I can still see it and it still pisses me off when happens. I'm trying, I don't show him that I am annoyed but it is there. Some things he says are right out of a wt or maybe their videos and it annoys me no end. I have become them- change the subject. sigh.

• Sherman
    Sherman

All JWS to varying degrees are mentally indoctrinated to support the organization, its doctrines and its members.

Certainly the top GB men are strongly protected from scrutiny, that's probably why they get away with the most lies and corruption.

Its god's chosen organization dont you know.

To me its a training center for corruption, man handled to cultivate power and money for the men at the top..

Which when you think about is a common ingredient to a cult.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I’ve been wondering where Finklestein is as I haven’t heard from him in a while.

It’s so worrying when you don’t hear from folks these days.....

Finky let us know if you’re ok?????

(And yes....does a bear sh*t in the woods and is the Pope a Catholic, in answer to your post question!!!!!)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Finky and EdenOne!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Hi..fink has been deleted..spamming and duplicate accounts. Despite warnings.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OMG YES! JW’s are the “poster child” of Cults.

If you have not read “Combatting Cult Mind Control” by Steven Hassan, BUY IT NOW!

• Sherman
    Sherman

Every church is a cult! Open a Dictionary!

But some are more harmful than others, the JWS religion is one of those that are.

The JWS religion came to be a very oppressive controlling religion/cult which caused many to die, many families to break up and incited many to commit suicide.

So in view of those harmful human social behaviors one can clearly see the JWS religion is one of those harmful religions and yes these are still active occurrences to this day.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

To define a cult is one thing.

Watchtower can define a cult and then say they are not a cult.

*** rs p. 202 par. 2 Jehovah’s Witnesses ***
    A cult is a religion that is said to be unorthodox or that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual. Many cults follow a living human leader, and often their adherents live in groups apart from the rest of society. The standard for what is orthodox, however, should be God’s Word, and Jehovah’s Witnesses strictly adhere to the Bible. Their worship is a way of life, not a ritual devotion. They neither follow a human nor isolate themselves from the rest of society. They live and work in the midst of other people.

Jesus said you identify people by their actions

(John 13:34-35) . . .I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”

So you have to get to know someone before you can tell how they act towards you. I had to get to know and understand the one who called on me and offered to study the Bible with me. How could I just write her off as a fraud without listening? Even to this day I think she was sincere, however misguided.

People have to have freedom to explore - and those defining what a cult is can be just as much of a cult as those they are criticising. This is something I have learnt from Watchtower's tricks.

So if YOU look out for the well being of your fellow man, does your fellow man respond the same or do they not care about you? Do they act out of an obligation of contract, money and organization or as a brother or sister responding to you as an individual with integrity? Do they love you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit