Luke 21:8 - Who Should We Really Avoid?

by Darth Rutherford 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• maksym
    maksym

Thank you again,

BTW... how did you come into this clear understanding coming from a cult like background.

seriously impressed.

I will use this on the Jw's

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Interesting.

Matthew 24:26,27.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. (NIV)

Seems to suggest it would not be an invisible presence.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

maksym... I am a multi-generation Witness with a pedigree dating back to the late 1800's-early 1900's. My father and mother taught me to think on my own, and my grandfather taught me that the ring of truth in God's Word always will be crystal clear. Combine the two... and that makes me a danger to the WT. I am a natural skeptic, which caused me to see many things that "just weren't right" as an elder. I finally did what the WT always suggests... read my Bible. I read it unfiltered - no publications to tell me how to think - and I was astounded by what I discovered. Thank you WT for telling me to read my Bible! I'm finally learning the truth now!

When I came across Luke 21:8, I was really knocked out. How did I not see this over the decades? I've prayed and prayed and prayed over it, reseached it, and used the logic and reasoning that my family taught me, and came to one simple conclusion. There are some things the WT teaches that is correct - when it's truly based on God's Word and they don't twist it around. However, the same can be said for other denominations. Truth is truth when based on God's Word, no matter who teaches it. Again, that's why the WT looks so authentic. However, to take hold of the skirt of this organization puts one in conflict with Jesus Christ's words at Luke 21:8.

We're either going to be disciples of Jesus or disciples of an organization that's constantly changing what "truth" is. It's a no-brainer for me, but each must make their own choice. This essay is not just an indictment against the WT alone, but against all denominations who are making similiar claims. We don't know when Christ is returning, and we're not supposed to know or worry about it. It will come when it comes. In the meantime, we're to live Christian lives, and show love for one another and our neighbor. Living such a life will speak a greater witness than knocking on "not at homes" every Saturday morning. When Christ returns, if it's in our lifetime, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm sure he'll give us clear direction what to do then... and he won't be changing what truth is every few years.

Ucantnome... great point. If his coming will affect all humanity, and all humans will be judged by it, why would it remain invisible? Faith is based on an evident demonstration- clear convincing evidence. (Heb 11:1) During that judgment period, every person on earth will make a decision that affects their life, a decision that will have to be based on this clear evidence. Such must, therefore, be evident and visible - something tangible - to give them faith. A visible sign would have to be necessary... and the sign needs to be more than a knock at the door early in the morning by a person giving a half-hearted presentation to accept a magazine or book. Think about it... If the angels visibly sang when Christ was born on earth, why wouldn't they be visible when he returns as King to judge the earth? (Luke 2:13; Matthew 25:31)

Most people don't think and reason anymore. They are shallow. Jehovah's Witnesses are incredibly shallow. They don't read their entire Bible, but only the specific verses they're told to look up. They don't even know about their own organization! Yes, logic is an untaught foreign language to most people around the globe, thus the masses have been lulled to sleep mentally... and spiritually. Ripe for the taking!

I wrote this short essay as an indictment to all Christian denominations. Please, my friends, if you believe it worthy to be shared, please copy, paste, print, email, whatever you deem necessary, and share it with every Jehovah's Witness you know and any other professed Christian out there. Take the passive-aggressive approach... Tell them you've read something, and have questions about it, and you need them to explain it to you. That's all it takes! Once they read it, you're work is done!

Attacking the GB and WT headquarters at the top won't work. Don't send it to the branches. Don't send it to the pioneer or elder. Send it to the people... the ordinary publisher. Shaking the bottom of the ladder will eventually knock the person at the top off balance! The people are the bread and butter to this organization. Let's turn it around on them... Plant a seed of real truth... let US do the knocking this time! Knock on their email "door"... leave them some literature for a change. Print it in the papers... in the blogs... wherever!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    It will come when it comes. In the meantime, we're to live Christian lives, and show love for one another and our neighbor.

Ahhh . . . the "simplicity that belongs to Christ"

That's something I can live with and by . . . as can every other human on this earth . . . whatever they might "believe"

Great thread Darth . . . I've enjoyed and appreciated it.

• Mary
    Mary

An excellent summary Darth.

By the way, I absolutely love your avatar! LMAO!!!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

that is exactly how i felt regarding them telling us to read our bible. anyone that comes to a comprehensive understanding of the bible, is going to leave this org, every time. i actually had an old man elder tell me this, he couldn't even see the hypocrisy in it. i was talking about deeper points in the bible and this disturbed him. he went on to tell me stories of other guys that got into deeper study, and they always leave. he apparently couldn't put two and two together on how ridiculous this was. but further goes to show, people are in this org for their own purposes. it fulfills their own needs in some way, has nothing to do with service. what a sad disappointment for sincere people trying to make a difference.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Excellent points made guys,marked for later

smiddy

• tornapart
    tornapart

I stumbled across a comment about Russell's book 'The Time is at Hand' the other day and felt shocked. Before I had never paid close attention to Jesus words in Luke 21:8 (or Matt 24:23) as the WT has always led us to believe it applies to everyone else. But this shook me, especially as other translations use that same expression. It suddenly hit me what Jesus was actually saying.. 'DO NOT BELIEVE IT'!! 'DO NOT GO AFTER THEM'!!

So who do we obey? 'We must obey God as ruler rather than men'! (Acts 5:29)

Thanks for this very thought provoking piece DR. :)

• AMO
    AMO

Thought i would bump this thread. Was going to use it on my girl ,was taking the softly softly approach, things moved pretty quick at the end so never got a chance, deeply wishing i had now. Thought it deserves a reup.

• Fernando
    Fernando

How true!

According to the Watchtower "the anointed" are a small group of fallen humans on earth today. Recent "noo lite"™ suggests the GB believes this group now numbers 8 (down from 12,604 in 2012)!

According to the New Covenant scriptures however "the anointed" (ho Kristos in Greek) is "the Christ" (consistently - 157 times - even in the mangled NWT).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit