Victoria, Australia: Report on Oct. 11th hearing involving Steven Unthank

by AndersonsInfo 156 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Wikipedia articles are based on reliable published sources, which will include books and newspaper articles. An entry on a web forum doesn't make the cut. There is little for the media to report at the moment. The case is still in its earliest stages as the prosecution and defence work out where they stand and I doubt any media organisation would be very interested in the theological detail of an insignificant religion. Once it makes it to the Victorian Supreme Court I think you can expect some coverage.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?"

I'll tell you who is not the faithful and discreet slave..........................................WTBTS!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

This is just so amazingly good!!!

I look forward when/if it goes to the Victorian Supreme Court, as that is in the city of Melbourne I can make the effort to attend and watch the WTS crumble....hahaha

Well done Steven Unthank

3M

• mind blown
    mind blown

I'm wondering if Mr Unthank needs help gathering various hard copy (books, wt,) to take to court (he may not have) showing who the FDS is. Is there anyone out there able to help him?? Proof is always crucial to a case. Just a thought...

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Is it possible to obtain a transcript of these hearings?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Vincent Toole Solicitors then went on to present arguments that the "faithful and discreet slave" do not exist as a "person" nor do they exist as an "unincorporated body" and nor do they exist as a "body" of Christians.......they simply do not exist.

The above statement reminds of when Bill Clinton was asked: "Is there anything going on between you and Monica Lewinsky? "

He then tried to weasel his way out of ever having had sex with her by replying… "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

The WTBTS in the same way are manipulating words in order to weasel their way out of being found guilty of a criminal act.

Shame on them!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Diamondiiz, the answer is no. So far there have been only procedural hearings, setting dates and working out the way forward. There will be no transcripts.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thanks for keeping us informed Barbara . . .

No surprises really . . . the need to include the FDS was well explained in a previous thread of yours.

That seems a surprisingly inept effort from WT legal however . . . maybe the pants were down. As long as the wallets are still in the pockets . . . with the State Prosecutor on board this will go all the way to the bank with a favourable judgement.

While still some time away the implications of a guilty judgement are monumental. Seven men in Brooklyn may well end up convicted criminals . . . for criminal behaviour against the interests of vulnerable children no less . . . how fitting that would be!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

MrMonroe - thanks

Would be nice if someone recorded the hearings and posted them online. While it's nice to get unofficial going ons, it would be a stronger arguement if backed by video or even voice recording - that is if these devices are allowed at such hearings.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was talking to Dagney about this and we agreed that it's still a jaw dropper. I log on and just read it again and again and it becomes very real to me. I've read about other issues that happened in the past about the WT's conduct in court, but to read about it as current history, it just reinforces it in my head.

So what do u think this new "Theocratic arrangement" will be called? The semi-faithful and descrite slave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit