I am thinking about getting Android phone sometime soon

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If you have it, I would like to hear your experience of using Android. Thanks!

• Scully
    Scully

or you could just look at consumers report or reviews.

http://www.laptopmag.com/l/android-phones.aspx

sorry, i'm just posting one link. you can do the rest of the work yourself.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I have an HTC Android, which I had to send back within one year. I like the Android platform, but I recommend you buy a Motorola rather than an HTC.

BTW, I hate Verizon, and I can't wait to get back to ATT.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Scully, I know that I can read reviews from others on the internet, but sometimes the reviews are planted positive and negative.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I have an HTC Desire Android based phone, it's great when you get used to it. It replaced a five year old windows based smartphone so was quite a huge change for me. However, I really like it now I have got to grips with it.

I haven't had any problems with it apart from me getting used to something completely new and different.

the only drawback is that the battery runs down fairly quickly.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

as long as you don't try to get an annointed phone, you should be alright.

my wife got an android, i got an iphone and pretty much every other platform that exists/existed out there (palm os, windows mobile, symbian etc.). android is a great platform. choosing a phone though is not only dependent on the platform (unless it is for ideological reasons), but for the features you actually want to use.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I have the ZTE Blade - very good for the money.

I would recommend Android as a platform - very versatile.

the Scotsman

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I have 2 Android phones

The Samsung Galaxy S operating version 2.1 (my preferred)

& the Huawei U8150 Ideos operating version 2.2

The galaxy is the better phone by far, Huawei ok as a 2nd phone

Android is an excellent OS with 200,00 aps available, downside it really sucks the life out of the battery, worse than the iPhone I also have.

I use mine as a ereader (Kindle & Kobo) perfect for the job, as a mp3 player no I don't as the battery life sucks.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I have a Droid 2. Ive had many problems with it. I know someone else who had one and experienced problems as well. I know someone else who never had problems with it. It might just be the Droid 2 but I'm not so sure. Ive only had it for less than a year and already had it replaced and have made at least four trips to the Verizon store due to issues. Maybe the other Droids are better though.

• willyloman
    willyloman

My own experience with "smart phones" is:

1. They are complicated, which can be frustrating. Apple iPhone is a bit more more intuitive and user friendly but the Android operating system just doesn't make sense to me, and I am fairly experienced with modern communications technology

2. Sprint used to be the best service but their stock is down to two bucks and they are in big trouble; as a result, their customer service is way below the level it was at just a couple of years ago. I would avoid this carrier.

3. When my current contract is up, I am going with iPhone. If you are not currently under a contract, go to your Apple store, by the new iPhone 4s, and ask the geek at the store which service he/she recommends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit