JW leadership vacuum - explained!

by sir82 32 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

I had a conversation with Karl Klein once when he was visiting my parents.

He was presiding over the governeing body at the time.

Out of the clear blue he came out with this statement "there are no more giants".

Of course he wanted someone to ask him what he meant, so I obliged.

He said, "There was Russell, Rutheford and Knorr. But now things are run by a governing body."

I didn't know where he was going with this so I asked "who killed off the giants". I was trying to get him to talk about the coup d tat that took place.

Then he said about himself (which is what he really wanted to talk about) "Right now I have the most important positions on earth - presiding over the governing body. But somehow it doesn't feel that important."

That was how everyone felt after power was removed from single individuals and split up among committees. A committe leader has to defer to consensus.

Russell was a wealthy freaky weirdo. Rutheford was a creepy woman hating pleasure seeking alcoholic. Knorr looked and acted like Lee Iacocca. They all were wrong but they were at least able to provide leadership. They are still wrong but leaderless. They want to tack but they have no rudder.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I remember years back when one of the major contributors to the YPA articles/Awake died of cancer. Word going around Bethel was that there was no one qualified to write the articles. They were at a stump to add someone on that writing committee.

I was like, seriously? There's no one left to write that crap? That's how WT works. They are so into personalities and status quo. It is a very limited religion. No other explanation for how it all works... except that it's a cult.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Like MrDarkKnight, I thought of "The Peter Principle" upon reading Sir's initial post.

They have all risen above their level of competence while those who may have been competent have abandoned the sinking ship.

As for the effect, will it destroy the religion? Eventually, yeah. Not yet, but sooner or later the growth is going to become negative. It will then shrink down to just a few million and will stay there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit