COs visit sep 2011 - feb 2012

by dozy 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• dozy
    dozy

Apologies if already discussed - the second COs talk discusses 4 "important" areas where JWs need to consider the biblical principles involved.

Answers on a postcode ( clue - one word - 2 letters - 1st letter is "n" )

Should a true Christian?:

(1) Use a social networking website

(2) Engage in further education

(3) Associate with a DFd relative

(4) Go to a "large gathering" , even if organised by a JW

• meangirl
    meangirl

Freakin weirdos.....

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Any question posed by the Borg that starts with "Should a true Christian" is always answered, NO!

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Anyone have a .mp3 or outline of this talk?

I have an especially conservative hard-liner for a Circuit Overseer. I'm curious how overboard he will go with this.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Nice going, Brooklyn braintrust.... that ought to alienate a few more thousands of whatever progressives/liberals remain. The rest will likely just tune it out.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Lol, yeah why do they bother asking these questions when everyone already knows what the answers are gonna be. It's a total waste of time to sit at one of these if you know exactly how the talk is gonna play out.

Should a true Christian----"no"...You didn't even let me----"no"....Yeah but----"NO!"

• St George of England
    St George of England

This must be a regional problem. This talk is the one the CO 'makes up' to reflect local problems. We had the visit a few weeks ago and none of these things were mentioned.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think we had our visit a few weeks ago. But I am glad to report I have not got the slightest clue what any of it was about due to the fact that I have not been near the Kingdom Hall for months.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    This talk is the one the CO 'makes up' to reflect local problems.

I think it used to be that way, but I am sure I heard that the GB are even directing what the CO should say during the local needs part these days. The GB don't trust underlings to make up their own material any more.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, those four things used to jump out at me, too, when I used to read the Bible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit