Seeking Reinstatement

by Quendi 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The whole idea of reinstatement stinks to high heaven of "men playing God." It also goes 100% against the instruction from Jesus to "stop judging."

Christians believe that God forgives sin based on the blood shed by Jesus. The Watchtower believes that three elders forgive sin based on whether they "feel" like a person is repentant.

All sorts of prejudicial feelings then comes into play - if the elders have a personal agenda against a certain type of sinning, if they know of past sins, or if they are just power hungry and want to use their position to "make someone pay".

DFing used to work, at least sort of. They could blackmail people back in just to get their family, and many who were DFd actually thought it was the "truth". Now, everytime they DF someone, they risk that person coming here or jwfacts.com or any other site and freeing themself mentally. Once they do that, there is little to no chance they will ever return. If so, it will be only for family and they will quickly fade if possible.

Now that the internet has exposed them, the DFing policy is truly counterproductive. It will result in net losses in the long run.

• Mary
    Mary

Quendi, there was a former long-time poster on here by the name of Gumby who, after years of being DF'd, went and got reinstated for the sole purpose of being able to have a life with his daughter and grandchildren. It's been almost 4 years now since he did this and he still hates going but he does it because his family are all die-hard Witnesses.

It's disgusting and pathetic that a cult can still hold such power over people's lives, but it can.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

LOSTGENERATION - "DFing used to work, at least sort of. They could blackmail people back in just to get their family, and many who were DFd actually thought it was the "truth". Now, everytime they DF someone, they risk that person coming here or jwfacts.com or any other site and freeing themself mentally. Once they do that, there is little to no chance they will ever return. If so, it will be only for family and they will quickly fade if possible."

I believe this is going to be more and more the case. When they DF now, they really risk losing the member for good.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

this is just one more proof that the WTS is certainly not "Jehovah's organization".

Actually, the WTS is a perfect reflection of their narcissist OT god.

They're Jehovah's Wife and He is their Husbandly Owner.

What a lovely couple....

• ziddina
    ziddina
    (Quendi) " when people talk about the reasons they are seeking reinstatement or why others who are disfellowshipped or disassociated should the reasons are to freely associate with their friends and families again..."
    (Timothy T) "From my own point of view, almost everyone i know who has wanted reinstatement want it because they miss their families and friends. "
    (Magwitch) "Even the the society often states that a person returned because of the strict stand the family took against them. ..."
    (00Dad) "I worked towards reinstatement for nearly two years ONLY so I could have fellowship again with my two sons. ..."
    (MrDarkKnight) "I do not wish to be separated from my son which is why I chose the abrupt fade and inactivity rather than disassociation. ..."
    (LostGeneration) "They could blackmail people back in just to get their family,...verytime they DF someone, they risk that person coming here or jwfacts.com ...& freeing themself mentally. Once they do that, there is little to no chance they will ever return. If so, it will be only for family and they will quickly fade if possible. ..."
    (Gumby's situation, courtesy of Mary...) "Gumby who, after years of being DF'd, went and got reinstated for the sole purpose of being able to have a life with his daughter and grandchildren. ..."

Unfortunately, all of these miserable situations show that the Watchtower Corporation's evil practice of "shunning" is still very effective in extorting members with doubts, or those ready to leave, into remaining within the organization, at least for a little while longer...

And it also shows that "shunning" is a very painful form of punishment - though Watchtower Corporation has absolutely NO right to punish ANYONE for leaving... Nothing screams "CULT", louder than being punished for simply walking away...

If there were only some effective way to pull the fangs of that hateful practice... As so many have said, if the Watchtower Corporation discontinued the "shunning", their halls would empty like a bathtub which has just had its plug pulled...

Zid

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

@ziddina - The fact that many of us are hiding behind secret indentities while on this board is a very telling example of how far reaching the cruel practice of shunning is. There simply is no graceful way to exit the JWs no matter what their PR men say.

• uninformed
    uninformed

00Dad

• "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family." - Awake, July 2009, p. 29

Great Quote. I love it. I have used it with my son who will not speak to me. Still doesn't work, as most of the rf "know what the Society really means" but won't say.

What a bunch of forked tongue devils.

Brant

• Disassociated Lady
    Disassociated Lady

Hello Everyone :-)

I was raised with the JWs and disassociated myself when I was in my early twenties and have been out of the religion for 26 years. I am taking steps towards reinstatement and have been attending local meetings for the past 7 months. I attended a different congregation when I disassociated myself due to the fact I did not agree with some of their teachings. The elder that has been assigned to me was also raised within the JWs and has been in it all his life and is similar age to myself. He talks a lot about the 26 years I have been out of it and said that I have been attending only a few months which is nothing compared to the 26 years. He also said that because I have been out for this length of time I have had ample opportunity to be involved in bad things. Apart from the fact I looked into other religions and got a black belt in martial arts, I was married twice and was busy raising a family. Anyway I was advised to send in a letter requesting reinstatement when I feel I can take on the responsibility of being a JW again, but he said that it is nowhere near time for me to do that yet. How long do you think I should wait? My mother told me that it may take two years before reinstatement, but I just don't know. My mother and two brothers are JWs and one of my brothers is an elder. x

• talesin
    talesin

Hi there! And welcome, Disassociated Lady.

There's a lot of good advice here. Some current JWS, and lots of ex-elders and some still. You may do better to start a new topic. There's button for it at the top of the page, I think.

Meanwhile, you may get some good advice on this thread. I've been out of it for many years, and of course, never an elder (female), so just wish you the best, and am wondering why you want back in? Because of family? I can understand that, being about the same age, and it does get hard. xx tal : ))

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome Disassociated Lady.

Like talesin mentioned above, you might want to start your own thread for your introduction. Just click on "New Topic" at the top of the page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit