I must admit, I sometimes wonder, what IF?

by Greybeard 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

What if the Watchtower stuck to their guns and didn't change the "generation" understanding? When they came up with this totally ridiculous "overlapping generation" concept, I knew something was wrong. There are people still alive who lived in 1914 today, they could have stuck to their guns or went with Genesis 6:3, "After that Jehovah said: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.” But NO, The "new light" tells us Christ was talking about generations that overlap! How crazy is that?

Another thing I wonder about is the blood issue. I would have went to the mat on that one. I had a close friend who did and his wife died. I don't know if a blood transfusion would have saved her life but I can't help but wonder. My question is, what if the GB would have stuck with their guns on this issue? When they allowed "blood fractions" I was at a total loss like many of you. How many have died because of this I wondered. How could this be directed by Holy Spirit? I went along with it anyway at the time. If it was a "conscience matter" I didn't need to think about it for more than a nano second. I checked it off as ok.

These issues had bothered me for a while but still, I felt the Watchtower was Gods "channel of communication." It wasn't until I was disfellowshipped and wrongly so in my opinion, that I looked online for answers. With these two huge doubts already on my mind, I was able to see the rest of the information and break free. Thank you jwfacts.com for sticking strictly to the facts. I applaud you! Thank you Ray Franz for your loving honesty and commitment to truth. Thank you freeminds.com! Thanks to everyone else who presented the facts in a loving non bashing manner that I could digest as a questioning Jehovah's Witness. This is a torch my friends and I at jwstruggle.com are trying to carry on if at all possible. We try hard not to offend the truth seeking JW... much of the time, that isn't easy.

What I still wonder is what if the Watchtower didn't make these huge blunders on the generation and the blood issue? Would I have been held "Captive To A Concept until the Genesis 6:3 / 120 year generation passed on? I thank God these false prophets proved what they really are by not "sticking to their guns" thus making a way out for themselves.

If the GB had faith the size of a mustard grain, they wouldn't have came up with the never ending "overlapping generation" cop out or changed their stand on blood. Were these two changes a huge part of your enlightenment regarding this organization like they were to me? Do you ever wonder what if they wouldn't have changed? I was so hardcore, I admit, I might not have woken up. I know that is sad but it is true. Thank God for the internet and all of you who help us to see the real truth behind this organization!

Your brother in Christ,

Greybeard

• designs
    designs

Greybeard-

Well said. There is some token or respect for a group that digs in its heels and says 'this is what we stand for and no other' but the Society has been playing a deadly game of a thousand retreats. I lost my father over the Blood issue.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It's a sign of intelligence that you occasionally challenge your own beliefs.

The important thing is that, at the end of the day, you agree with me.

• Dudu
    Dudu

I love this post! My waking up was with the generation thing plus the last new light about the feet and toes of the image ..... WTF i though ive been preaching something 20 years and now this ppl are telling me what??!!! :S

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Greybeard, thanks for this post. I never really wondered what if but when. Not sure how long you were in but I knew something wasn't right in 1995 and saw right through the smoke and mirrors. So for me it was a question of when for many years.

The good thing is that you are out now regardless of the reason. No need to wonder what if but plenty of need to live in and embrace the now.

Wishing you a peaceful journey,

Shop

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

It only makes me worry over the multitudes that are stuck in that psuedo-religious sect. The ones that know something's wrong, but lack the courage or the fortitude to make a stand for truth. Or the ones who know it's all a lie, but have whole families with WT clutches so tight that they can't breath. Or the ones that can't even move, they're so afraid of making the WRONG move. The insidiousness of that organization is smothering.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

@ designs: I am so sorry to hear about your father, I haven't the words...

@ Nathan: Thanks, thats funny!

@Duda: "the last new light about the feet and toes of the image ..... " WHAT NEW LIGHT??? I laughed at that assembly. What a joke! It had to be a HUGE let down for many. It was nothing but a bunch of hype, like as if they came up with something real BIG. Did you cover the town passing out those invitations at every door to people who couldn't care less about traveling half way across the country to here such nonsense?

@ Shop: Thank you, you are right, I really do need to live in the NOW. It isn't easy for me at times. I need to learn how. I think it takes time. I am open to advice and whatever I learn, I will share.

@ El Nunya: Very true, sad but true... There are many caught in this trap that can't see a way out. My belief is Christ himself will free them when he brings Babylon down. I hope it happens sooner... I hope they crumble.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

The insidiousness of that organization is smothering.

Thats why its important for as many that have the strength to leave to do so. I honestly thinks it make it easier for everyone else to just walk away.

• Dudu
    Dudu

yes i did :( i was even pioneering at that time , before the convention ... i did the math...lost generation=lot of time for the end to come, new ligth about toes=sense of urgency .... :S nonsense

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Are you still going to the meetings Dudu? Thats a funny name by the way... Dudu as in Doo Doo right or wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit