What's Your Favorite Shopping Destination?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm a sucker for dollar stores, discount stores and bargain outlets. Give me a TJX/ Marshall's store over Bloomingdales anyday!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm so glad you asked, Minimus.

• minimus
    minimus

f u sixy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I run the gamut. Browsing in Bergdorf-Goodman and Barney's and the boutiques on Madison, such as Chanel and Hermes. I also love Henri Bendel. When I was younger, I was a Bloomies nut. The store is very stodgy now compared to then. I cherish the stores in Soho, Tribeca, and the Meat Packing District.

I also started doing antiques stores.

This is curative. Once I see the merchandise in the very upscale stores, Macy's, etc. holds no more allure. I'd rather going without.

I also do Tiffany's., Cartier, and Van Clef.

Window shopping.

I find Target to be much better quality for a little bit more than Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart sends me into depression.

Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Talbots are where I do make purchases. Ralph Lauren, too.

I also scour fabric stores to sew very simple patterns. Sewing is not chheaper any longer but you can make it custom.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yard sales also called tag sales

• trueblue
  • Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Outlet Malls and Antique Malls. I have a good laugh when I find things in the antique mall I have been using at home! I also like craft shows and festivals.

Reopened Mind

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I prefer places where I can get top quality at full price. To me, that is far better than getting cheap crap that I have to keep replacing every other use.

I have gone online to L.L.Beans for numerous products, the vast majority of which are still in perfect or near-perfect condition. Though I expect to pay full price there, I also expect things to last for many years instead of a few weeks or months. This is as true for tool places--we used to have a nice place that went out of business in 2006, that was good for selling high quality at fair prices. I also buy quality Christmas lights (fewer failures than cheap crap), quality battery products, and whatever else I can find that I need.

I would rather pay full price, once, for top quality than go to the dollar stores and Walmart (Crap-Mart) and buy crap. The quality products last longer, perform better, and ultimately save me money in the long run. And that's money that could eventually help me get out of this country before it becomes a totally totalitarian country (and buy more silver so I can actually use it when I'm ready despite hyperinflation).

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love attending auctions.....

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Band On The Run & WTWizard, I think we are shopping cousins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit