Householder is just not that into it if...

by White Dove 16 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was thinking about how inefective the ministry really is, no matter how often one goes to a householder's door for years.

They just never bite the bate, yet the JW will keep going back.

JW's are clueless. They need to know the signs the HHs give them.

It reminds me of that book He's Just Not That Into You.

• journey-on
    journey-on

They don't care, White Dove. There are some JWs that have been knocking doors for 60+ years and never once brought someone into it. They simply care about the numbers on the time slip......translated: getting points for effort.

I haven't seen a time slip in years. Do you still have to count number of return visits?

• White Dove
    White Dove

You had to count RV's in 2006, but that's the last I saw of the slips.

You're right, they don't care.

A poster in Flipper's thread about elder and ms qualifications being so low mentioned that effectiveness is not even counted and doesn't mean a thing.

It got me to thinking about that book that enumerates the many signs of a relationship stopped dead in its tracts and one that won't even get off the ground.

It's the same thing with FS.

• poppers
    poppers

A JW family lives two doors away from me; the next town away from me lives one of my best friends from college. My friend has received return visits from my neighbor for years, but I "innoculated" her years ago against JW tactics and teachings (thanks to this site). As a result she'll never join but my neighbor keeps going in order, I assume, to count her time - pretty pathetic. My friend is too nice not to put a stop to it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Geez, it's almost like stalking.

• LV101
    LV101

What a pathetic religion!

• White Dove
    White Dove

The extreme waste of time and paper boggles the mind.

It's extreme.

I just had to repeat that.

• Pig
    Pig

I remember most return visits just liked a chat on a saturday morning. There are allot of lonely people in the world. Most of them would loose their cheerfulness when religion was brought up so it was mostly 90% chit chat and 10% "here's the newest WT, it's about.... I hope you enjoy it...and how are your kids doing at their new school?"

NOBODY was intently interested and hanging on every word. If you asked them if they read last months they would always say "ohh yeah .. i had a bit of a flip through"

• White Dove
    White Dove

If door to door was THE business and way of making money for the WTS, it would fall flat due to ineffectiveness.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The publishers need to have more hours to report.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit