I want to be a Jehovah's Witness again...

by TimothyT 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

... so i can flippin help tear it down from the inside!

• donny
    donny

You must be a glutton for mental punishment! :)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Don't worry Tim. It's doing the job itself without us!

We do a far better job of raising awareness on the outside so fewer become victims of the WBT$ lie.

I've shown my workmates the letters I've got re my JC and told them about the events of last night. They were shocke that such Dickensian bigotry was alive and well and living in the WBT$.

Unwitnessing from the outside is the way forward.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Whew...from the title of your post i thought you were off the wagon. ;)

• nateb
    nateb

You're working through the phases nicely, Tim. Soon you'll have most of it out of your system and you'll find the spirituality you seek within yourself and you'll settle down with some nice boy. It's not selfish to simply work hard and be happy, no matter what they told us. Happy positive authentic people bring more of the same to those that they touch. That's enough. You're getting there quickly. Congratulations.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Tearing down anything is a negative goal. Just focus on positive stuff and be done with it.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Its true...my Mother and Sister are still Witnesses and when they see me they are surprised at how well I am doing. They expect me to be sad, sullen, forlorn and unhappy. They are shocked that my son LOOKS forward to being with me when I visit him and he visits me. My Son is over the sadness of me not going to the Kingdom Hall. When I pick him up for visits on the weekend now he does not even bring a suit or his meeting bag. He KNOWS we are not going the KH and he does not care.

Stay the course brother. The happier you are the more confused they will be.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's impossible to tear it down from the inside Timothy. In a cult, as soon as you stop acting exactly as they do you're marked and it's only a matter of time before you're booted out. Most like sooner rather than later depending on how you go about it.

Other than that, the advice here is all good! If you're going after it, it's much more effective to do it from the flanks.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The best revenge is, and always has been, to live well.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I am really glad to have made your aquaintance. I have had the same thoughts, just wait until I comment on Bible highlights. lol. I have especially thought about placing Steve Hassan books into inactive people's hands at the Memorial.

Right now I am just hoping that our happiness shines through and they begin to wonder why I am not depressed anymore. If I went back at all then they wouldn't make that connection. Just trying to fade so that they can see my happiness.

love to you and yours,

SOG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit