Proof of God or Christ without a holy book

by Awen 131 Replies latest jw friends

• jay88
    jay88

Sac: I may not be omnicient like God but something tells me He may have gotten the message last time around

You mean "God of the Hebrews", correct?

FOF

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Those that h ave found God would argue that He was not so hard to find at all.

I don't think that using the argument " If there is a God why is he so hard to find" is a valid one, unless you are willing to accept the view of those that HAVE found God.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I don't think that using the argument " If there is a God why is he so hard to find" is a valid one, unless you are willing to accept the view of those that HAVE found God.

Which may beg the question, whose view of god and thus which god is acceptable to you? Rhetorically speaking.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Which may beg the question, whose view of god and thus which god is acceptable to you? Rhetorically speaking.

Indeed, a very valid question and one that I hope is answered by the believer with some reason and rational.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You mean "God of the Hebrews", correct?

Isn't that the one we are speaking about right now?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Very strongly held opinions. Certainly anyone has a right to those opinions. But IMO some ex-JWs are still trying to convert others. Not to become one of JW's, but to convince others their position is correct.

I just saw this, Twitch. Being a JW does tend to bring out the opinions in us. And when we leave, we may tame them. Then get on a forum like this for a while and the opinions surface very strongly again. I know I see it in myself.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Being a JW does tend to bring out the opinions in us. And when we leave, we may tame them. Then get on a forum like this for a while and the opinions surface very strongly again. I know I see it in myself.

And I as well. The topics and my debates exist only here for me; I don't carry it to the real world. There's nothing wrong with having a strong opinion as a result of one's convictions and it's not exclusive to jws or former jws. However, those who believed strongly within usually tend to believe strongly without and thus, the menagerie of opposing opinions presented here, which is something that doesn't happen within the org. And it's is not a bad thing at all IMO.

Think of it as a playground where the young learn the rules, and it is much like that for many exiting the org. Perhaps it's more like high school with the different cliques and those looking to "fit in" or find their way in the transition from teen to adult. Much like this methinks.

• jay88
    jay88

me: I guess the "Hebrew God", and the "Hebrew Perspective" has a monopoly has on existence.

Sac; Certainly for the Hebrews it did.

Sac: When He proved via miracles, it didn't matter and when He proved Via His Son and His miracles, they killed his son.I mean, I may not be omnicient like God but something tells me He may have gotten the message last time around

me: You mean "God of the Hebrews", correct?

Sac: Isn't that the one we are speaking about right now?

Not only do we continue to bring in the bible, but the "Hebrew God" and "Hebrew Perspective" is the only one that matters. An omnicient god is only available via belief in christ via "Hebrew Scripture".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Not only do we continue to bring in the bible, but the "Hebrew God" and "Hebrew Perspective" is the only one that matters. An omnicient god is only available via belief in christ via "Hebrew Scripture".

Ah, I understand what you mean now.

yes, it seems we have gone back tot he bible, sorry about that.

In all fairness I was agree with another poster about how in the bible God proved Himself and the Hebrews STILL worshipped other God when they got the chance, basically stating that IF baltant proof wasn't enough for them, it may not be enough for same anyhow.

It wasn't using the bible to proce God, but using the bible as evidence that even IF God was to prove Himself, it may not matter to some.

BUT within the context of this thread you are right, we shouldn't bring up the bible.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I try to keep the opinions to the forum, too. Sometimes though something is worth saying, even in person, about other subjects. I have learned a lot about dealing with people and things about myself, good and bad, right here on this forum. JW's do not have good people skills. We have to relearn them or learn for the first time when we come out, how to interact without that fear and the superiority we had as JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit