How cool is this!?

by coffee_black 14 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I conducted a seminar yesterday for a firm in Boston and the conference room is on the top floor. I looked out the window...and saw this. I'm not sure how they got this past the building inspector...but there is a house atop the building next door....complete with an Oriental garden.

house

Coffee

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

I bet the building inspector doesn't have a helicopter....

• cantleave
  • paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Aw, to have the money to own such an estate. Oh well, best I get back to work so I can keep dumping more money into my fixer-uper. By the way I am grateful for. Which brings me to this question. Is the love of money the root of all evil? Or the lack of it? peaceALL paulnotsaul

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

That is cool! Were you near Summer Street? It looks like the Federal Reserve Building on the far right?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Curious,

Yes, the buildings face Summer St....close to the Convention Center. The street to the left in the picture is Melcher.

Coffee

• I quit!
    I quit!

If you live downtown that is the way to do it. It looks like you're getting some rain.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm thinking it might be some kind of prototype... There are several Architectural firms in that building. This is not in a residential section of the city. It is all office buildings, and sits less than a block from the Convention Center. Or maybe it's some kind of guest suite for clients who fly in... Intriguing, whatever it is. It doesn't have much of a view....except for the skyline. If it faced the other side of the building, it would overlook Boston Harbor.

Iquit, It wasn't raining at the time. There were storms all around, though...worse north of the city. A few sprinkles when I left.

Coffee

• The Fence
    The Fence

I think it's pretty darned cool myself.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

It's good to have a house that the building inspectors can't see, but does'nt it look like the house is poking it's tongue out, lol with that horrendous extension, by the way I work at an Architect's practice, so maybe I'm biased, lol!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit