Maybe we are perfect?

by angel.face 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bioflex
    bioflex

It pretty funny how things turn out to be, i know many have their doubts about the Bible and all, i can blame them, but could you guys please be before you condemn something which IS (regarded) and the inspired word of God. And talking about the infaliability of the Bible i have come to realize that of a certainty the bible as we know it today is exactly how it should be, that is how God wants it.

Now about the arguements that there have been amendments to the bible, I am not suprised about this, and i dont expect people who just criticize the bible about its authenticy to understand too.

If the Jews(Most) didnt recongise Jesus as the messiah, and they didnt even know his birth was a fulfilment of prophecy from long ago written by the prohpehts, how then do you justify the idea that those same people are trying to put in some words in the Old testament to justify the bible?

Now many a places in the new testament do reference the old testament, which means that the new testament must also have been tempared with right. And the jews didnt have complete influence on the NT since it was written in Greek right like they did in the OT.

And about the link posted above, are you kidding me?. No wonder you know very little about the bible. Here is a quote

2. But when ye are gathered together, and pray in common, use not vain repetitions, for your heavenly Parent knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask them. After this manner therefore pray ye:— 3. Our Father-Mother Who art above and within: Hallowed be Thy Name in twofold Trinity. In Wisdom, Love and Equity Thy Kingdom come to all. Thy will be done, As in Heaven so in Earth. Give us day by day to partake of Thy holy Bread, and the fruit of the living Vine. As Thou dost forgive us our trespasses, so may we forgive others who trespass against us. Shew upon us Thy goodness, that to others we may shew the same. In the hour of temptation, deliver us from evil.

Heavenly Parent?

Our Father-Mother?

I suppose this does not ring any bells to you which is understandable, after all you just dont belive in the bible.

Anyone on hear watched " THE TRUTH BEHIND HIP-HOP = 1 - 6 " , if not then i would recomment it to you all. Then you would understand where that DUALITY OF GOD concept came from.

And the bible talks about how certain men have crept in to teach false doctrines and to make corrupt the word of God. Well Jesus did warn of that in revelation though right, he said Dont add or take away from God's word. I suppose some people have a lot to answer for some day.

Another link that would be of really good help

http://watchmanvideobroadcast.com/blog

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks bioflex - but I don't believe any of my remarks above were condemnatory of the bible. Everything I said was meant sincerely, and I was merely acknowledging that scholars are beginning to uncover discrepancies when comparing the earliest known manuscripts of the Old Testament with their modern equivalents. What people do with this information is entirely up to them. Please remember that I consider myself a Christian, and my intention is not to subvert anyone's faith. I was merely expressing my point of view, to which everybody is entitled - including you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit