Help me to answer a few questions for a current JW?

by stillstuckcruz 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"What other group do you know that goes preaching from door to door on the same scale as JW's? The bibe says to preach to every land(bla bla bla). Jehovahs Witnesses are the only group doing that on such a scale. this proves they are the truth."

Cut and paste chapter 7 of In Search of Christian Freedom and perhaps she'll see that the New World Translation agrees with the JW METHOD of preaching only because of bias in its renderings.

"Why are all the annointed ONLY in the JW religion? (I used to wonder the same thing until I did research)"

Simply put....the anointed aren't only in the JW religion. Although that is what they would have you think. True Christians believe the Greek scriptures were written to ALL....not just 144,000 individuals. Therefore all Christians are anointed.

Her thinking that there are only "anointed" in the JW religion comes down to an entrenched JW belief that there are 2 classes. Those that will go to heaven and those that will live on earth. Until she understands that the bible does not promise a resurrection to a paradise earth, this question will not be able to be answered sufficiently.

"Jehovah want's people to gain accurate knowlege right? So where do they gain this knowledge if they are not JW's?"

They gain it by studying God's word. It is a JW teaching, but not a bible truth, that you can only come to an accurate knowledge THROUGH THEM. If JWs possess the only accurate knowledge.....then certainly their history will prove it. I would then investigate what the GB's claim for authority is (Matthew 24:45-47) and how it relates to Jesus supposedly selecting them back in 1919 BASED ON THEIR ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE/TEACHINGS.

"Jehovah wants his people to be united right? So why should we not disfellowship those who have a difference of opinion? That only creates disuniuty! JW's are the only people who are entirely united on the Earth. Worldly churches can even agree on their own teachings."

There is a difference between unity and uniformity. JWs are not united in that they do independent study of the Bible...God's spirit directs them....and they all come to the same conclusion. Rather theyare uniform in that they do as they are told....much like an army. Consider - If you refused to believe in 1986 that the generation that saw the events of 1914 unfold would see the "end of this system of things" and you told others of your disbelief....you would be DFd, right? Even though you would have later been proven to be correct. If they can disfellowship you for refusing to be united in a WRONG teaching.....then is this really being directed by God?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Crap...

All of her questions are "Jehovah's Witness-centric". My ideas would be useless.

• jahovahtruthtoday
    jahovahtruthtoday

First of all Jehovah Bless all of you. I just want to say for the sake of truth for the people that are confused.... I was confused at one point. I was going to a church that didn't seem right to me. What I had to do to find the truth for the sake of protecting my soul was to step outside the box. It can be a confusing world out there with all these religions claiming to be the right one.. Hmmm ... I am not going to lose my soul for someone else's mistake and neither should any of us. I first of all went all the way back to the history of the bible and studied the original translation. Of course there was a lot of praying involved and the truth became very plain. Jehovah doesn't make mistakes and the bible is straight forward and clear. There was no false prophecy and in fact he said to look out for false prophets. Jehovah gives you truth and you don't get it from anywhere else. He is merciful and loving. He never leaves us or forsakes us. We don't need anyone to translate it for us. Jehovah loves us and will give us answers.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The King James bible is very easy for me to understand but I do have some questions with the new world translation I would love if someone could give me answers on. This is from the king James and you will notice it says the same thing in the New World Translation.

Here are the conflicts I need help on.

The Watchtower says that Jesus came back as a spirit.

Jesus predicted he would raise his body up. In the Greek body is form although body is the same thing...

Joh 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
    Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
    Joh 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
    Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

I know he couldn't have been a liar or a deceiver/false prophet because he never lied. I'm sure we could all agree on that. So he was going to do exactly what he said he would.

Now we come to..

Joh 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

He fulfilled the Prophecy and now he is standing there.

Problem 2

The prophets made the same mistake as the watchtower.

Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

As you read on you will notice Jesus corrects them.

Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
    Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

As you go on even further you will noticed he even ate Broiled fish in a honeycomb to prove to them he was in a physical ford.

Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
    Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
    Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Problem 3

In John chapter 20

Were all acquainted with a person named Thomas. ( He was your seeing is believing type of person ) and didn't come to meet with Jesus when he came back so Jesus went to him.

Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
    Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Not only did Jesus prove to him he had a physical form but Thomas called Jesus ( Jehovah God )

Watchtower says Jesus died on a torture stake and from the Greek it actually can be translated torture stake. Although it can also be translated cross or pole.

Where you can get the answer to this is.

Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

They would know if he died on a cross or torture stake wouldn't they?

Well my problem is nails and hands are plural so it would have to of been a cross.

I just want to add that we all are seeking the truth here. We have to ask our self ( Do we have the right Jesus? )

The reason why this is so important is.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

If the Bible says that salvation is through Christ alone we have to be sure and not just take an organizations word for it.

We have too much to lose because once we leave this earth there is no going back. There will be immediate eternal judgment.

We just can't afford to be wrong.....!!!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

jahovahtruthtoday, I don't understand your questions and can't tell which side you are taking.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Dear truthtoday, I think preaching here is not wise. There is a difference in believing something and imploring someone else to believe it. Those days are gone. If someone wants to know, they have all the tools. I mean, you can stay, but preaching might get you in trouble. If you still feel like preaching, find a real person, not on the computer. They will eat you alive here. Go in peace. Be well!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Um best advice

Find another girlfriend!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

What Frosty said................................

and quickly!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit