The GB Knew What They Were Doing

by compound complex 24 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I believe that the Governing Body knew very well what would be the consequences of publishing the above article on apostates. They carefully word every article, not only for the faithful, but for the unfaithful, and for those who have never believed our faith. The above article and the comments here show me their great wisdom, because they have achieved exactly what they wanted. It is another confirmation that Jehovah God and Jesus are using them to carry out his will.

D. Metz

Comment 23 minutes ago from The Independent

• baltar447
    baltar447

wtf?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Goes to show how much the rank & file idolize the GB.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

And we "mentally diseased" played right into it... Maybe. I'm still thinking on whether we did or not.

They knew exactly what they were saying, exactly the response they'd get. Hmm. I can't quite articulate it.

• Shador
    Shador

Maybe they really did. Strengthening the persecution complex of the r&f, by deliberately causing the "persecution."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't think they contemplated this.

Last thing the WTS wants is more legal problems.

Actually, that's the SECOND TO LAST thing they want.

LAST THING they want is judgements or settlements to pay in lawsuits.

DOC

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Basically they pulled a Rutherford. Because that is what Rutherford did to the rank and file of his day. He would drum up trouble so he could cry persecution and use it to strengthen the faith of the witnesses. it makes sense in a way. The WT has to do something, they are bleeding members like a stuck pig.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The gb intentionally causes "persecution" all of the time. But I don't really think that the people who took the "mentally diseased" article to the press and police had the rank and file jw in mind. I'm pretty sure that the goal was to expose the Watchtower for the mind controlling cult that it is to thinking, rational people in the world, to both those in power and those who are pestered at their doorsteps.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---the GB is ALWAYS one step ahead. It plays out all the time!

• Gayle
    Gayle

The GB know what they do,,always arrogant and proud,,never say they are wrong or sorry,,show no humility. I don't expect them to change one iota.

However, I hope that non-JWs will find their attitude repugnant, un-loving, and despicable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit