So then, which publication did you HATE by the society?

by TimothyT 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I gather from my other thread that many liked the creation books, the mankind search for god book, the greatest man book and the ministry school book.

But which book did you ABSOLUTELY DETEST?

Here is mine:

I thought it was a VILE, HATE FILLED book!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep hated that one.

Also the Revelation Climax book. Simply because we studied it so many damn times!

• cult classic
    cult classic

I despised all of the brochures and tracts. There was an endless supply for christ's sake.

• ziddina
    ziddina

All of 'em...

As Cult Classic said...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

WTs and Awakes in general. The older, the worse.

Revelation was stupid and a bit scary.

Ugh, the My Book of Bible stories gave me a f*ucked up view of sex, rape, violence, "worldly" people, and a few other things as a kid.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Sorry, my other post was unclear.

What I meant was that the BS book I hated the most. Mean, full of hate, very scary and WAY too sexual.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I hadn't thought about this before...but now...I think it was 'My Book of Bible Studies'....

I had tried to read this to my kids ***arggghhhh***....but never managed to get into it. I would skip through the pages for the least disturbing stories...which didn't leave many....and then give up reading it.

So, in hind sight...I think this was the worst...because it was specifically aimed at my children.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The book on Isiaih. that was the last book I studied in the old BS arrangement. It was torture, and it was the same lesson over and over and over and over...................

• AGuest
    AGuest

Although I eventually came to view them all (every publication and every issue, except the NWT) as vile, poison-filled volumes, I think the "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry" and t"Reasoning from the Scriptures" are the two vilest, followed by the utterly ridiculous and lie-filled "Revelation - It's Grand Climax At Hand," dear TimothyT (peace to you!).

The first one, because it is the basis on which they "make disciples". When I was preparing for baptism, I wanted to answer the questions "on my own." The men who were quizzing me refused - they "needed" me to answer "from the book." Meaning, read the answers, literally. I should have known then that some kind of games were afoot.

The second one, because it is the only book they wanted to use during my JC meetings. No Bible, not even a WT (although I forced them to look at the Bible). They kept their Reasoning Books out... then, after searching the table of contents, would flip through the pages until they found a "response" that they felt spoke to the issue or question I raised. When I said, "But, Brother, the Bible says..." they would counter with, "Well the Reasoning Book says"... and then read me some off-the-wall, sometimes not even related... "answer". When I would say that the response didn't apply to the issue/question... they would almost stroke out: "But that's what the SOCIETY/FDS says!" Big whoop, so what - it's wrong... and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue/Bible verse we're talking about.

The Revelation Book is self-explanatory: utter bull-pucky... virtually from start to end. No wonder all of the... ummmm... subsequent re-studies and "clarifications."

The BEST book, IMHO... is the "Proclaimer's" Book... hands down. Well, that and the NWT Reference Bible. Together, these two expose the utter falsehood and hypocrisy of that harlot like nothing else (well, besides the conduct and lack of love of those "in" her). One doesn't even have to read either entirely. For the first, one only needs to read the marginal notes... then whatever that is supposedly "quoting" in the text. For the reference Bible... one only needs to read the verses with footnotes... and the footnotes. AMAZING what one will "see" just by doing that.

Another vile volume is the "You Can Live Forever in Paradise" book. The whole PREMISE of that book... that when you die you "pay" for your sins so that you're resurrected to "try again"... is an utter LIE. YOUR blood cannot BUY you life... nor redeem you from death. You sin... you die. Period. However, the GIFT that God gives... through the blood of CHRIST... is life. Redemption FROM death. Hmmm... maybe that one IS the vilest after all.

Anyway, that's my perspective.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Truth book.

They wanted me to study it. Word was that you should be able to study it in six months and then you would be ready for baptism .... or else .....

I don't recall finishing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit