Part 17: The Watchtower Strikes Back

by Amazing 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• VM44
    VM44

Looking forwaard to the next part of your series.

--VM44

Wasn't Ray Franz also accused of starting his own religion?

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

DAMN! I am on the edge of my seat. Last nite I download and pasted to a word document all of these posts. I think I have over 80 pages now. Last nite, after reading what's been posted, I was very curious about what your brother left for you. AHHHH>>> I can't wait to read on.

It's terrible what they did to you and your family. I think the worst is the hypocrisy. They talk all about "Christendoms" church politics and yet can't pull the rafter from their own eyes!

I can't wait to read the rest... You really need to publish this.

ofcmad

By the way, check with a lawyer before you post the names of the alledged molesters.
    See if your report regarding Mr. S is public in the Sherriff's office. If it is, then you might be able to scan and post the copy of the intial report.

• Nannygoat
    Nannygoat

((((Amazing))))

Great post! I think this is a bit big for Reader's Digest, but it certainly is keeping my attention. You really should submit it somewhere!

Again, I admire your strength greatly!

Love,
    Andi

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    This is the documented link, the evidence that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. is absolutely behind Disfellowshippings and Disassociations. The Society sets the standards for Elders. The Society trains and qualifies Elders. The Society directly appoints Elders and the Society removes Elders. Elders are in fact agents of and for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, and the Scoiety’s legal; team will act as the Elders attorney’s. There is no way for the Society to disconnect themselves from what the local Elders do as agents in fact for the Society.

Amazing, is this the link that can change the course? I mean, do you think we will one day be able to win a lawsuit against the WTS? Is this the "papertrail" that the Society messed up with that can cause them millions in the pedophile cases?

I'm really curious now. And wish I could go into a time machine to see how this war plays out!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Bluesaphire: You ask:

" ... is this the link that can change the course? I mean, do you think we will one day be able to win a lawsuit against the WTS? Is this the "papertrail" that the Society messed up with that can cause them millions in the pedophile cases?"

Some posters, for some reason, seem to have the idea that the Watchtower Society can somehow disconnect itself from what local JW Elders do. They get this impression because the Society has told the JWs and their Elders not to say they represent the Society in any matter.

The particular letter to me is one of many thousands where the Society became involved by supporting the Elders against the individual ... and so the documented link is there to its fullest completion.

Such letters from the Society would help any Plaintiff attorney establish the last link in the chain which ties the WTS to local Elders. This is why in earlier threads about suing over being DF'd, to retain and attorney and have him/her contact the Society.

The WTS has every reason to distance themselves from the pedophile cases. If the Society tries to create such distance so as to leave the local Elders stranded as defendants, then these are the items that can be used to bring them back to the Defendant's chair:

1. The BOE letters regarding how to deal with JW pedophiles.
    2. The letters from the WTS attorney to local JW attorneys where the Society claims to act as representative agent for the Elders.
    3. The Flock Book the directs Elders actions
    4. The Organization Book: Sets the qualifications, appointment, and removal of Elders
    5. Kingdom Ministry School for Elders that is conducted and directed by the Society.
    6. The Society is named as "beneficiary" on the Kingdom Hall deeds of Trust in the event of the demise of the Congregation.
    7. The Society sends Circuit Overseers as representatives to oversee and direct the congregations and Elders.
    8. Each JW congregation is and has to be registered with the Society and receives a registration number.
    9. The Society arranges for the construction of Kingdom Halls and finances these.
    10. The Society arranges for and carries group self-insurance managed by an outside carrier for each Kingdom Hall.

All these acts establish a solid link that the local JW Elders are totally connected to the Society, and are its agents. The Society cannot escape this or distant itself from being named as co-defendants in peophile cases.

Winning or losing these cases is another matter. The merits of these cases do not stand just on the Society being the absolute bosses of the Elders ... they will largely stand on whether the Plaintiffs attorney's can establish whether the elders has a fidicuary duty to protect the children in the congregation and whether the policies of the Society are complicite in not providing such protection.

I believe that the attorney who has taken these cases on will win against the Society. He already has a solid track record. He has also taken on the Mormon church - which is far wealthier than the Watchtower - and he is winning against them.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thank you Amazing. Today was one of those days that I needed to hear something positive -- something to give me hope that the WTS will go down! I am missing my sister. I have two other sisters and two sister-in-laws, plus my mom. We are all very close. But my baby sister was my baby and I want her back.

I will keep praying that these lawsuits bankrupt the society. Like you said, they don't even have as much money as the Mormon church. That, plus the negative publicity I hope can do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit