Were organ transplants ever forbidden?

by stillstuckcruz 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" However, as Phizzy says, this has the effect of causing many of the most earnest JWs to continue to treat it as a ban."

Hence, the "special relationship" that screwed them in the Conti case. You can't eat your cake and have it too, which is what the WTBTS wants. Thier day is coming.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I had an interesting conversation privately with a CO about my feelings about blood. His reasoning on why it shouldn't bother me?

"Nobody is really disfellowshipped for that anymore"

From his mouth to Gods ear.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This topic also made me dwell on the point that there is only 1 general reason people are disfellowshipped: The acted in a way or failed to cease acting in a way that is in opposition to a current belief being taught by the Watchtower Society.

A person could be disfellowshipped for accepting a heart transplant and the very next day the newest Watchtower magazine is released that states it is now alright to accept a transplant. There would be no change in the decision to disfellowship as it was "wrong" at that time. People are not reinstated when doctrine changes to support the disfellowshipped person's point of view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit