Max Larson died today at 96 yrs...Watchtower President since 2000

by williamhconley 44 Replies latest jw friends

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I think his lifestory was published in the magazines once... If my memory is reliable, I think he was was Jewish and involved in many real estate dealings of the societyl, or am I totally off line here or mixing him up with someone else?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hang on...

Isnt Don Adams the Prez?

or do they have different presidents for different corporations?

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik

Never heard of him . . .

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Did anyone else catch the typo in the opening part of the article? When giving backround about his mother it said ' the man in which whom HE would marry '. Anyhow, never heard of him. R.I.P. peaceAll paulnotsaul

• kramer
    kramer

"never heard of him"... exactly, thats kind of good dont you think?

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

See Wikipedia article: Corporations of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's a subsidiary of the Pennsylvania corporation.

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. is a corporation used by Jehovah's Witnesses, which is responsible for administrative matters, such as real estate, especially within the United States. This corporation is typically cited as the publisher of Jehovah's Witnesses publications, though other publishers are sometimes cited. The corporation's stated purposes are: “Charitable, benevolent, scientific, historical, literary and religious purposes; the moral and mental improvement of men and women, the dissemination of Bible truths in various languages by means of the publication of tracts, pamphlets, papers and other religious documents, and for religious missionary work.” [ 9 ]

Originally known as the Peoples Pulpit Association, the organization was incorporated in 1909 when the Society's principal offices moved to Brooklyn, New York. In 1939, it was renamed Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc., and in 1956 the name was changed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. [ 10 ] Until 2000, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses was president of both the Watch Tower (Pennsylvania) and Watchtower (New York) corporations, as well as Britain's International Bible Students Association corporation; in 2001, it was decided that the corporations' directors need not be members of the Governing Body. [ 3 ] In 2001 the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York was listed among the top forty revenue-generating companies in New York City, reporting an annual revenue of about 951 million US dollars. [ 11 ]

• St George of England
    St George of England

For those of you that have never heard of him, his name is in the the front of every WT.

He was unusual for a person of his age in that he was of the OS not anointed.

George

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Yep St George is right, not anointed, not on the GB, just an humble(!) other sheep who got to be a figurehead for a corporation.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

My two cents:

Max Larson was Nathan Homer Knorr’s right-hand facility man. While Knorr and his secretary, Milton Henschel, were trotting the world Larson was running the factories at home.

Several years ago Max Larson began sipping the wine and nibbling the bread at the annual Memorial event. Suspicion was he was tired of all the up-and-comers achieving rank while he sat in the wings running the factory. He was disappointed to have not made it to the top slot (read: Governing Body member), given his service seniority.

Marvin Shilmer

• sizemik
    sizemik
    For those of you that have never heard of him, his name is in the the front of every WT.

That's probably why I've never heard of him . . . I no longer read the Watchtower.

Interesting addition Marvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit