Nov.15th WT - Quotes Dissing - Internet, Higher Education, Earning a Living

by flipper 53 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Flipper what you wrote here is the life I lived for 46 years " But we Christians live as temporary residents and pursue different goals . We avoid "minding lofty things ". Consequently, young Christians are encouraged to pursue spiritual goals, getting ONLY AS MUCH EDUCATION AS IS REQUIRED to meet their BASIC NEEDS while focusing on preparing themselves to serve Jehovah ' with their whole heart, soul, strength, and mind. " Translation : The WT society wants young people to ONLY get a minimum education so they can control them more, dumb them down to work for free knocking on doors preaching and placing WT's & Awakes with people so they can be enslaved to the WT society the rest of their lives and not live for themselves and their own personal happiness. Armageddon will be here soon, so WT society's view is " Why get a " worldly " education ? "

I do not know why but these last few days I have been really down thinking of what I wasted my life on. I know the sadness comes when I dwell on it and I need to move on, but to that they are STILL TRYING TO STEAL people's lives like they stole mine makes is beyond sick. I am so glad that there is the internet now hopefuly more people will be spared the pain that I have been through.

LITS

• flipper
    flipper

WHA HAPPENED ? - I've heard other posters say they've downloaded the kool-aid versions. I've seen links to them posted I believe. I may be mistaken, I don't know. I don't go on the WT Society's website. It's demonized.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Well my friend, feeling sadness and regret for wasted years is unfortunately part of the healing process we go through in getting out of the JW cult. I feel for you . You are not alone. So many of us have gone through similar feelings. But the one thing about it is we can be thankful we are no longer under the influence of mind control and have the freedom in our minds to make informed, intelligent decisions about our future - not based on what we are TOLD to think from the WT society but what our hearts and intuition tells us to feel and think. I really appreciate having THAT freedom now. Hang in there my friend. Things get better down the road

• AnthonyMorrisXIII
    AnthonyMorrisXIII

@flipper 'the WT society is really intruding past proper boundaries'

Yes, indeed it now gets my goat that the leadership wants to prescribe everything for their followers, why don't they mind their f'ing business. The group conscience of the GB is handed down for all to follow on subjects as diverse as 'manipulating spouses genitals' or 'to drink coffee or not'.

For the watchtower being discussed here, for those who want to see it, go to

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_E_20111115.pdf

Greetings to all

p.s. good comments

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

We don't need no edjewkayshun!

Uneducated Watchtower drones make ignorant Jehovah's Witnesses

• flipper
    flipper

ANTHONY MORRIS XIII - Thanks for the link. Indeed, the WT society should mind their own business. They have no right to tell us whether to drink coffee or not - or - how to manipulate our spouses genitals. They have become so controlling , the typical JW cannot separate their own conscience from the GB's conscience. It's all the same . Totally controlled. A very dangerous situation.

KURT BETHEL- Exactly. The priorities the WT society puts into place for young people's future doesn't assist them at all. Young people are expected to give up ANY chance for a career to only serve the needs of the WT society and JW cult. Then when they get to 45 or 50 yrs.old and have served for free at Bethel for 20-30 years they have no appreciable work skills to use in the real world. Really sad

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Mr Flipper, I'm just writing to Senator Nick Xenophon about the shunning issue. This makes it worse again; discouraging children from having a decent education and/or career, denying them worldly friends, pushing them into early baptism, and then . . when they back away from the borg, cutting them loose!

It should be a criminal offence!

• flipper
    flipper

RETROVIRUS- You are correct- the shunning issue and hate speech promoted by the WT society SHOULD be a criminal offense. I'm glad you are writing your senator - you never know what may come of it. The pressure that the WT society puts on young people in the organization is outlandishly sick

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Flipper I have to add this to the pot..

Latest News From Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

At latest round of meetings held by Circuit Overseers with the Congregation Elders, the Circuit Overseer quoted from the Society's outline the following directive:
    Any Elder or Ministerial Servant who encourages college for his kids or others, or who allows his children to go to college, will no longer qualify for these privileges within the Congregation.
    So, there you have it. No college for the children of Elders and Ministerial Servants unless they intend to forego their positions.
    What is of further interest, Albert Schroder's son, Judah Ben Schroder is enrolled at Columbia University in New York City. Talk about a double standard! HHG
  • flipper
    flipper

HARYHEGOAT- Thank you very much for that update ! I appreciate it. It just confirms the point I'm trying to make on this thread that the WT society has such hypocritical double standards it's disgusting. A GB members son is allowed to attend a university and get a higher education ; however any elder or ministerial servant whose children attend college will lose his servants position. It really goes to show that the GB wants to dumb down rank & file JW's - but educate the higher elite WT leaders. That's about as wicked as the governments that the WT society is always putting down, isn't it ? Even worse. At least governments allow young people to GET an education- although expensive. Incredible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit