Bethel Chicks who were HOT

by Black Man 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

Sorry if this post was offensive to some - that was not the intent. Perhaps I should've said "attractive bethelites."

00Dad: Umm, its not that deep..............

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The scenery made the drudgery a little more bearable.

Or less bearable depending on which way you look at it.

-Sab

• nateb
    nateb

Can men openly celebrate and appreciate female beauty without being accused of objectifying?

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

This list could be very long...when I was there we always joked about the nerdy bethel boy that is gone for a few weeks and then comes back with a SUPER HOT bethel-bride that under ordinary circumstances would have never even looked at him twice. Sad but true! One of the only fringe benefits some of these poor guys got, especially the ones that worked in the home and never learned a trade working in the laundry.

Here's a joke my roomate told me within the first three days I was there:

Q: In the new system should you marry a spiritual sister, or a beautiful sister?

A: The beautiful sister of course, because in the new world they'll all be spiritual...but they won't all be pretty!

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ QB

Black Man, I don't find it offensive per se. I just think that naming JWs that are publicly known b/c of their positions is one thing, and naming 'hot sisters' (or 'hot brothers', for that matter) is another. They are just part of the Great Crowd TM of the spiritually abused. I hope I didn't 'come off' as angry; my comment was meant to be civil, and was based on the assumption that you didn't really think about that viewpoint.

tal

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm the one who suggested that the question was sexist.

Of course men are allowed to appreciate beauty, but when the criteria is only those who are "hot" it does come across as demeaning to women in general. When was the last time you saw something regarding the appreciation of women, based on their beautiful personalities or qualities without mentioning their looks?

Yes, I know men are visually oriented, but looks fade over time and personality is what you will be left with after a period of time. It would be nice to know there are men out there who appreciate women for their true qualities and not for their "hotness".

• talesin
    talesin

@ BP Agreed. Objectification makes me feel, well, like a tool that is only good for sexual gratification.

t

• nateb
    nateb

Yes, I know men are visually oriented, but looks fade over time and personality is what you will be left with after a period of time. It would be nice to know there are men out there who appreciate women for their true qualities and not for their "hotness".

Personality, intelligence and attitude are the most attractive attributes. In men and women. I recall being attracted to a certain young lady only to find that she was discourteous and abrasive when dealing with strangers. Very unattractive. There are men that find a pleasant personality, genuine kindness and a witty sense of humor to be what makes a woman "hot". There's also a certain innocent appreciation that men feel for the physical beauty that women possess. There's nothing wrong with that. I think that's where the OP was coming from. He was reminiscing. There are cultures where women of all shapes, sizes and ages enjoy being recognized for their beauty. So long as the recognition is communicated with respect. I understand the sentiment that "looks fade over time" but there are discerning men that feel appreciation for women of advanced age that carry themselves with elegance and grace as well as younger women that do the same. All this can occur without any objectifying going on.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Black Man: apology accepted and returned in kind. I wasn't meaning to be deep either, just feeling a bit snarky!

Enjoy!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've met (had lunch with) Sunshine at an assembly/convention, Iamallcool. You're right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit