So why

by bushido8000 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I loved the org with my heart and soul. I believed it was God’s only organization. I started regular pioneering in my 11 th year of HS.

I married a regular pioneer/elder at the age of 20 – we pioneered 10 years together. He was a complete male chauvinist. I was to be seen and not heard. He did not even think woman should answer at the KH (or give talks). I was not allowed to associate with my df’ed siblings and I was not allowed to associate with my super spiritual parents (because they did not cut off my df’ed siblings). I was a sweet little box on a shelf.

Ten years into the marriage I stopped pioneering and going to meetings during the week – he never noticed (way too busy with spiritual things). There just was no way this could possibly be THE TRUTH. This man was on the stage all the time, yet had no clue what was happening with his daughters and wife. It was all such a sham. It was as if we did not exist.

I stayed another 10 years (until I was 40) and then walked away with my daughters. I wanted nothing to ever do with that cult again. The elders would call in hopes of encouraging me. About one year later I fell in love and wrote to the BOE that my ex had grounds to remarry. Another year went by and they announced I was df’ed (did not go to jc)

I did not leave out of the blue, it took 2 years of being totally out of the cult for them to decide that I should be df’ed. I heard that the committee changed brothers 3 times throughout the 2 years. The committee that ended up df’ing had two brothers on it that were under 30.

I do not know why they felt the need to df me. I lived 30 miles away and had not had any contact with a JW for more than 2 years.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Im not disfellowshiped just tired of all the false prophecies {even though they claim NOT to be prophets} and white washed history of the ORG. I'm over it. Time to "Awake."

• AGuest
    AGuest

I was DF'd, dear Bush (peace to you... and welcome!). I had attended 14 JC meetings over a period of about 6 months (but not DF'd because the "elders" could find no "grounds"). The first meeting came shortly after my third year of partaking: someone had asked me whether Judas Iscariot was at my Lord's evening meal... and I said that he was... and had also partook. Which was the truth... although his "morsel" was "polluted" (with sop from the meal).

From the first meeting, I shared with the men who sat on my... well, tribunal is the accurate word... what I was hearing from Christ (John 10:27) as I had for some time (and had shared with the PO a few years before; he was instrumental in trying to keep me from being DF'd... but lost out in the end)... and so answered/responded to all as he directed me. All of which was either corroborated by the Bible... or (recent versions of) the Watchtower. Although the PO tried to keep up, the other men refused to refer to either of these... unless I forced them to (I would open and begin reading, which forced them to take their Bibles/WTs out and follow along... because "surely" I was in error). They would immediately return their Bibles their briefcases, however... which was a bit comical (they had to keep pulling them out... putting them back... pulling them out, etc.).

Apparently, they are only "authorized" to use the "Reasoning" Book... which failed them, miserably. So, they kept requesting meetings. Around the 12th meeting or so I began to think that they were not going to stop until they had "grounds"... but gave them the benefit of the doubt (that eventually they would see I had done no wrong, but only spoken the truth). At the 14th meeting, I realized that it didn't matter: they would continue until they could MAKE grounds (the PO realized this, as well, and at one point shook his head and said, "Jehovah is going to judge us for this").

They got their "grounds" when I declined a 15th meeting. When I asked the PO whether they were DF'ing me for "apostasy", he said, "Oh, no, nothing you've said has indicated that. You're being disfellowshipped for 'disobedience'... because you won't meet with us again."

And there you have it. I hope it helps.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Awen
    Awen

My story is similar to what has already been said. I had a "worldy" friend who was a better Christian than the JW's ever thought about being, even thoug he wasn't a Christian at all (not until much later). I had begun partaking a little before this time and had much confusion about the true nature of the organization.

He was homeless (along with his girlfriend) and I allowed the two of them to stay with me. The Elders insisted I put them into the street because of what "might" happen again (I had committed forbication with her and told the Elders). My friend forgave me because I told him the truth of the matter and we are still friends to this day. But because I felt guilty for my wrongdoing and it wasn't my friend's fault I felt it would be wrong to put both of them into the street. So I refused. I also told the Elders that I had been having doubts about whether the organization was the Truth or not. I also told them that nothing they could say would change my mind and that disfellowshipping me was their only choice.

I knew I had done wrong by my friend, but I felt throwing them out would have been an even greater sin. I spoke to my landlord about the issue (he is my friend's uncle) and it was his opinion that I had made the mess and should live with the consequences. So I was disfellowshipped and lost every friend I ever had except my "worldly" friend.

Eventually I lost my home as well as the girlfriend was angry over me telling her boyfriend about what had occurred (she had lied to him whereas I had not) and she convinced the landlord to put me out. I stayed with my parents for a time, ended up getting in an auto accident and lost my license then moved away. I looked all over for a different "truth" and it took me many years to realize I had the Truth in Christ Jesus albeit not within a man made organization.

My life is much better now, I still have my friend, Christ and a great relationship with them all.

In hindsight I would have simply faded and not told the Elders what happened simply because we are to confess our sins to God, not to man.

But I learned many important lessons and am happier because of it. I have had relatively little contact with the JW's in my area.

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, and welcome to the board. :)

1. I left out of the blue at age 18 (was a pioneer 'where the need was greater', and the hypocracy I encountered (extreme drinking among my friends and a couple of elders, and other pioneers' sleeping with their boyfriends) screamed to me NOT THE TRUTH)

Two years later, my parents told me the elders wanted to meet with me. Sure. Mind you, this was 1979, and I had already been completely inactive for two years. Well, I met with a JC, to my surprise. They had 'found out' that 3 years earlier (when I was 17,,, now 20), I had necked around with another JW (who was unbaptized and no longer attended meetings!) ,,, I didn't want to come back to the church, so they said I had engaged in "loose behaviour" and was unrepentant ..... DF!!!

Can you say .... "witch hunt"?

2. Well, guess I already answered that, except to say that, since I was about 15, I felt their explanations of Bible 'prophecy' were convoluted and didn't make any sense, but I was 15 and wanted to please my parents, so tried to be a good girl, and started pioneering at 16.

talesin

• N.drew
    N.drew

Can I say bravo Magwitch, what a story. If you are in good health after all that mental torture, it is a miracle! God bless you.

AGuest, 14 meetings? Got nothing better to do, naw, I like to come to get hit over the head with your false reasoning, anyway being here gets me away from Satan, who has more power than God, right? No? I am happy to read your post about Judas, I wondered how they had come to the conclusion they teach about him not being there, because the Bible doesn't say. Thanks for the post! God bless you.

Nancy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest, 14 meetings?

Yep, dear NDrew (peace to you!). I kept agreeing for a couple/few reasons:

First, the PO really was trying to "save" me (he had reason to because he knew of the things I had written about to the WTBTS... one of which they later printed in the 10/95 WT), and so virtually pleaded with me not to give up, that "Jehovah, will make it all right"...

Secondly, I truly did think, early on, that "they" had the best intentions, but were only acting because the WTBTS hadn't received the "new light", yet... but would (yeah, I know - hit ME over the head with... well, anything you can get your hands on...);

After about 8 or 9meetings, I realized that my Lord kind of wouldn't let me stop... until I had told them ALL that he was giving me in order to respond to their... utterly ridiculous (I came to see) accusations/comments/position up to that point (all of which was related to false WTBTS teachings/doctrines/beliefs/practices)... and showed them where such conflicted with what's recorded in THEIR Bible.

I wondered how they had come to the conclusion they teach about him not being there, because the Bible doesn't say.

Actually, it DOES say, dear one, even in the NWT:

John 13:1-38 -

Now, because he knew before the festival of the passover that his hour had come for him to move out of this world to the Father, Jesus, having loved his own that were in the world, loved them to the end. So, while the evening meal was going on, the Devil having already put it into the heart of Judas Is·car´i·ot, the son of Simon, to betray him, he, knowing that the Father had given all things into [his] hands and that he came forth from God and was going to God, got up from the evening mealand laid aside his outer garments. And, taking a towel, he girded himself. After that he put water into a basin and started to wash the feet of the disciplesand to dry them off with the towel with which he was girded. And so he came to Simon Peter. He said to him: “Lord, are you washing my feet?” In answer Jesus said to him: “What I am doing you do not understand at present, but you will understand after these things.” Peter said to him: “You will certainly never wash my feet.” Jesus answered him: “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” Simon Peter said to him: “Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.” [ Jesus] said to him: “He that has bathed does not need to have more than his feet washed, but is wholly clean. And YOU men are clean,but not all.”He knew, indeed, the man betraying him. This is why he said: “Not all of YOU are clean.”

When, now, he had washed their feet and had put his outer garments on and laid himself down at the table again, he said to them: “Do YOU know what I have done to YOU ? Y OU address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ and YOU speak rightly, for I am such. Therefore, if I, although Lord and Teacher, washed YOUR feet, YOU also ought to wash the feet of one another. For I set the pattern for YOU, that, just as I did to YOU , YOU should do also. Most truly I say to YOU , A slave is not greater than his master, nor is one that is sent forth greater than the one that sent him. If YOU know these things, happy YOU are if YOU do them. I am not talking about all of YOU; I know the ones I have chosen. But it is in order that the Scripture might be fulfilled, ‘He that used to feed on my bread has lifted up his heel against me.’ From this moment on I am telling YOU before it occurs, in order that when it does occur YOU may believe that I am [he]. Most truly I say to YOU , He that receives anyone I send receives me [also]. In turn he that receives me, receives [also] him that sent me.”

After saying these things, [Jesus] became troubled in spirit, and he bore witness and said: “Most truly I say to YOU , One of YOU will betray me. The disciples began to look at one another, being at a loss as to which one he was saying [it] about. There was reclining in front of [Jesus’] bosom one of his disciples, and [Jesus] loved him. Therefore Simon Peter nodded to this one and said to him: “Tell who it is about whom he is saying [it].” So the latter leaned back upon the breast of [Jesus] and said to him: “Lord, who is it? Therefore [Jesus] answered: It is that one to whom I shall give the morsel that I dip.” And so, having dipped the morsel, he took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Is·car´i·ot. And after the morselthen Satan entered into the latter. [Jesus], therefore, said to him: “What you are doing get done more quickly.” However, none of those reclining at the table knew for what purpose he said this to him. Some, in fact, were imagining, since Judas was holding the money box, that Jesus was telling him: “Buy what things we need for the festival,” or that he should give something to the poor. Therefore,after he received the morsel,he went out immediately. And it was night."

Luke 22:14-23 -

"At length when the hour came, he reclined at the table, and the apostles with him. And he said to them: “I have greatly desired to eat this passover with YOU before I suffer; for I tell YOU , I will not eat it again until it becomes fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” And, accepting a cup, he gave thanks and said: “Take this and pass it from one to the other among yourselves; for I tell YOU , From now on I will not drink again from the product of the vine until the kingdom of God arrives.”

Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” Also, the cup in the same way after they had the evening meal, he saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in YOUR behalf.

“But, look! the hand of my betrayer is with me at the table. Because the Son of man is going his way according to what is marked out; all the same, woe to that man through whom he is betrayed!” So they started to discuss among themselves the question of which of them would really be the one that was about to do this."

The WTBTS dismisses Judas' presence by stating (in the "Aid" and "Insight" books) that Luke was not written in chronological order. Luke himself denies this falsehood, however:

Luke 1:1-80

" Whereas many have undertaken to compile a statement of the facts that are given full credence among us, just as those who from [the] beginning became eyewitnesses and attendants of the message delivered these to us,I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them in logical order to you, most excellent The·oph´i·lus, that you may know fully the certainty of the things that you have been taught orally."

Bottom line... they're SO full of melarkey with their teaching on this one, dear one, and I hope what I've shared here helps YOU see what the truth of the matter REALLY is. If not, I offer: the "covenant"... ratified by the eating and drinking... was made with all TWELVE tribes of Israel. Had Judas not been present, it could have been made with only ELEVEN. One tribe would have had to be left out. That couldn't have occurred, however. So, my Lord ensured that the "covenant" ratified by JUDAS... could be broken - by giving him a "polluted" morsel (which is why it was dipped in the sop FIRST, unlike that for the others). Just as Judas was "unclean" (polluted, on the INSIDE)... the "bread" that represented Christ's "flesh"... was also "unclean" (thus, it did NOT represent HIS flesh). In this way, the covenant could be negated... which it was... and its symbolism (the "gate" which each Apostle represented) could be reassigned (which it later was... to Matthias).

Of course, this is only one of their plethora of false teachings... which they KNOW is false... but remain immovable because they don't want to admit their error and so have folks start looking into what ELSE they're wrong about.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm waiting for Bushi to come back to his own topic.

• AGuest
    AGuest

rachrafracha editing feature...

Hey, Miz Josie... whassup, guhl? Peece t'ya'll... en yor mane... en ya'llz chillens!

SA, on her own... and thinkin' mayhaps dear Bush (peace to you, too!) was just lookin' for some infermayshun...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Apparently, they are only "authorized" to use the "Reasoning" Book.....Shelby

Ironic..

Thats Unreasonable..

.................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit