Did YOU Change In Your Personality After You Left The Organization?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We knock a lot of things about the Witnesses. I wonder if we're really all that much different in our personalities as exjws.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I did a complete 180-degree turnaround. When I was a JW, I was spiteful, wrathful, judgmental, dishonest, cheauvanistic, fearful, ashamed, closed-minded, abusive, and powerless. It took a while to deprogram and re-raise myself, but I can say with the utmost conviction that I am now 1,000 times better person than I was when I was a Jehovah's Witness.

My quality of life is better. I'm much, much happier and healthier. I don't judge people based on their beliefs or appearance, I have a great job, a great wife, and a great family (my wife's side). I truly feel that I am a good person who contributes to society. I felt none of this as a JW.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Yes. I became a whole lot more outgoing, much more tolerant and less judgemental, and stopped being afraid of everything. I keep working on trying to not have to justify everything I do to people who don't need me to justify anything, but I haven't ditched that yet.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

minimus, I was going to post this same topic. You beat me to it. Anyhow, I would like to say I think my personality remained in tact but my attitude and outlook on life changed. And hopefully for the better. Good topic. peaceAll paulnotsaul

• Iamallcool
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

After I left..

I felt a need to Organise Gatherings near Moving Trains..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• ranmac
    ranmac

I used to drink til I blacked out at least twice a week. I havnt done that once since I let go of the religious insecurities dominating my brain. I also am way more concerned with my spirituality and being loving to the people around me.

• hellfighter_u_know
  • minimus
    minimus

I'm loving this thread!

It's wonderful seeing how when people leave this religion, how much better they become!

• minimus
    minimus

Hellfighter, I'm glad you started your first post here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit