Poll: What do you believe now?

by Lunatic Faith 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I believe the journey is everything.

I have stolen "Rationalist" from Bill Maher.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I don't then have to believe, just acknowledge the facts.

Thanks Wobble..that pretty much sums it up for me.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I believe we will find out the answers when we die- or possibly not... either way I'm just trying to live a good life and not curse God TOO much...just in case!

• fallen_princess
    fallen_princess

I am an atheist by definition, I guess you could call it. I too say: "I have to see it to believe it" but I don't really think about it. I do what feels good. I read my horoscope once in awhile. when I look at nature I think that possibly a sentient being created all of this but left it as a legacy, an inheritance for us to govern... Did anyone attend a cosmic funeral?? I dunno. But for sure I don't believe in an ancient and unverifiable text that says making love to people of the same sex is wrong, slavery is good, and some benign, invisible force guides those greedy, fat bastards in New York.

• ekruks
    ekruks

Agnostic

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I would describe my self as a realist/ Deist.

I beleive in what i see and feel and know. Yet when it comes to the 'divine' i am of the opinion that all was created by what, i don't know. But call it 'god' for want of a proper term.

So, i beleive that 'god' created everything and has long since vanished to the nether regions of the universe doing god knows what! Intergalictic billiards perhaps!

I do not believe in a caring god, or one who can even be bothered to look in on us.

Where to from here? I don't know!

oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Bible is my comfort zone.

I am a Christian but but believe 'there are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreampt of in your philosophy, Punkio!'

Some days I feel really atheistic and others Christian.

''Confused Christian'' is my handle!

By confusion I do not wish to give the idea that it bothers me. Not like the JWs think everyone outside the bOrg is confused in a bad way. No! I'm finding my level gradually. Rosicrucianism appealed to me until I saw the fee!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe Jehovah is a master scammer. He really detests people--but to him, simply killing them off is too merciful for his tastes. So he makes them suffer, while imposing false promises for a better future that will never materialize. His standards are arbitrary, good for no one except him, and serve no good. His teachings are lies. He teaches people via the Bible and Quran things that are blatant lies--myths like the Flood (and that water can push down heavier rock mass), the day the sun stood still (then why didn't everything jolt to the east when it stopped and west when it restarted?), and the crossing at the Red Sea (which would have pushed humans and water alike back). He teaches crap like this as fact, and demands people to believe they happened.

Not to mention, Jehovah causes us suffering so he can claim to deliver us from it. We are left worse off than we would be without this Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, yet we have to pay him to get us partway back. Jehovah never does anything to improve our lots in life, yet he expects credit when things do improve either because of blind luck or our own efforts. I don't even think I can give him credit for creating works of beauty when he makes it impossible for 98% of us to fully enjoy it because of excessive paperwork and/or we simply don't get enough time to enjoy things.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Agnostic leaning hard towards Atheism, and it would take something pretty amazing to move my mind on the topic at this point.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Secular humanist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit