Watchtower admits the KISS method works - Nov 1, 2011 WT, p. 24

by Alleymom 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

This would be a good one for djdamnfool djeggnog:

- on another thread several months ago, he screamed bloody blue murder about the use of the K.I.S.S. method, and what he termed as the "insertion" of dates.

Lo and behold, but his beloved GB has now just done that!

Bill.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Nothing of substance to add - only to say, great thread, Alleymom

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If they come out and admit that 587/586 is right, will the elders in my hall offer me an apology?

• garyneal
    garyneal

good job. I've used that KISS method myself. Here's another video on the subject that I found interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrCleOXkYu0

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just wanted to say THANKS to ALLEYMOM and all of the other great researchers here. You guys do a great job. One of these days I'm going to take my wife to the local university library(ies) and show her where the evidence leads us...

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Thank you Alleymom! May help hubby open his eyes...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Oh,I thought it had something to do with the "Kiss Army"..Darn..Kiss's method was "rock and roll all night,andf party everyday".That really makes way more sense to me...

• sherah
    sherah

Thanks Alleymom! Your KISS thread started me on the road to understanding the BS 607 doctrine. This will be a great companion thread.

• paladin
    paladin

Thanks also Alleymom! I could use this new information to have my debate with any of the the elders in my congregation should that day come. I have to talk to my wife about this WT article and see what she has to say about it.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Bats in the belfry -

Can you clarify something for me?

1) Do you agree that the following is an accurate quote from page 24 of the Nov. 1, 2011 WT article? (emphasis added)

"When the years that these kings ruled are totaled
    and a calculation is made back from the last Neo-Babylonian king, Nabonidus,
    the date reached for the destruction of Jerusalem is 587 B.C.E."

2) Do you agree that:

"this method of dating works only if each king followed the other in the same year,
    without any breaks in between"

3) Do you agree that:

IF each king followed the other in the same year, without any breaks in between,
    THEN Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 B.C.E.

Marjorie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit