KH = Private Property (No Trespassing sign)... wtf?

by Scully 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

no trespassing

Do other churches have "No Trespassing" signs on the grounds?

I don't recall ever seeing "Private Property - No Trespassing" signs on other churches, especially ones that have a priest or minister available at all hours, or ones that offer space for community services or other kinds of events.

I wonder whether there is some kind of legal expectation of a charitable organization that pays no taxes to offer access for community services in order to maintain their tax free status.

Anyone else ever see signs like this on KH property?

• Awen
    Awen

This might be a way to keep Apostates from attending the Memorial or regular meetings. The J-dubs can cite private property laws and have them prosecuted. This might also affect KH's who might try to secede from the WTBTS (like Menlo Park). The WTBTS can cite private property law and have the dissedents expelled from the property, keeping them from obtaining important documents from the KH files.

Seems a likely scenario.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It may be just to keep people off the property when there is no meeting.

• blondie
    blondie

I think you are right EmptyInside. One of the congregations I attended would put up such a sign to keep people from using it for picnics, or viewing the fireworks on the fourth.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Actually, one of the halls I attended was a triplex.
    There was a no trespassing sign in the front.

As I understand it, it was put up only after apparently kids were riding their bikes through the property, mainly the driveway, as there was access to another street through a closed gate. (Bikes could easily go around it.)
    I don't think the kids caused any trouble, but the driveway wasn't made to be a public road.
    And so the sign went up. It's the only time I've ever seen at a hall.

Perhaps if there is concern of vandalism, this may also occur.

CoC

• Scully
    Scully

Perhaps if there is concern of vandalism, this may also occur

They must have heard about my plan to put up a christmas tree on the lawn and crazy glue christmas lights all over the roof.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Try getting JW`s to respect a "No Religous Represetatives" sign..

They knock on the door every time..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
  • Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

@ Scully - It's sad , but true. The JW's may actually consider that act .........vandalism. LOL

CoC

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

So let me get this straight. These guys put up a 'no tresspassing' sign, and expect people to obey it - but when they go door-knocking and see the very same sign in someone's yard... they can ignore it?

Go figure.

I apologize if I am off-topic, but this one really takes the cake.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit