IT BOILS ME!! (Venting)

by pubtruth 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Best thing to do is just leave. If your mom has mental issues (trust me, a lot of JW have), it can only HELP her. You can get professional help but just not having to keep two conflicting ideas in her head will help a lot - I kept my 2 consciences in myself for a while too (the last 6 months) and last week I had a mental breakdown which caused me to denounce this religion, remember past abuse and almost lost my wife and newborn.

Simply leaving makes a LOT of people happier (almost everyone). Simply not having to fight with your own conscience to keep the castle in the clouds alive makes you happier.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, your mom and the wtbts are not really your problem. Your problem is that you need to make some plans for your future. Do your best to get an education. Learn some job skills. Make some outside friends. Move somewhere where there might be more jobs. You need a life, you need to be happy and have interesting things to do, places to go, people to meet.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

It sounds like going to college or at least some kind of course could help you to get some space from your mother, can you enrol anywhere at the moment? Anyway, I hope that these might help in the mean time.. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/183134/1/Being-Under-Cult-Mind-Control-is-a-Psychological-Disorder-Steve-Hassan http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/204194/1/Steve-Hassan-pdf-version-for-sale

• fade_away
    fade_away

My avatar is basically a picture I snapped of an elder at my last KH. The camera can show you who you really are. XD

I understand the frustration of seeing your family get mentally raped and the helpless feeling of being unable to help. Every time we try to help, we are viewed as monsters trying to corrupt them. The WT is a brilliant evil genius corporation that can grab you by your mind and do whatever the hell they want with you. I swear I would absolutely love to live to see the day when the organization collapses. I wonder how the followers will react?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan is a godsend in helping you understand what makes cult members and their leaders tick.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Bro, your 20, get a job or two or three and gtfo! The org has a hold on you only because you allow it. At the end of the day it is really that simple

good luck, you can do it.

pbrow

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

I am in a situation where my wife would sacrifice her own child and husband just to ensure she has a place in paradise. The watchTower are indeed evil and twisted. I looked at the publication which tells of how twisted and metally ill the apostates are that in itself is evil.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Calm down. Take a breath. There, now.

Please check into a technical course that would equip you for a job. Believe me, they will help you with funding. You will get away from the house for awhile, and start creating some goals.

As to a job...well, burger slinging is not glamorous, but you need to start somewhere. A part time job and tech school will do wonders for your self-esteem, and if you are a reliable employee, give you a reference for the future.

Oh, and as to the smoking and lying for mom-why should you be expected to do that? She is an adult and as such should answer for herself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit