What age should you get baptized?

by newcomer1982 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• newcomer1982
    newcomer1982

As from today i am disfellowshipped. My parents cant talk to me and alot of issues have arisen which i have mentioned in my other posts. I got baptized at 14 and i think it is way to young to make such a decision which will affect your whole life. I was pressured into it from my parents and others in the congregation. I think that if your not classed an adult till you're 18 then i think they should not let anyone under that get baptized. I know of a boy who was only 10 when he got baptized. Its insane! Any thoughts on this?

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Jesus was 30 but if you put me to it, I would say that might even be too young for some people. Needless to say, one should be an adult with an established life. Only then would they have the experience and wisdom to decide what to dedicate the rest of their life to.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry that you are in this situation - that your family can't/won't talk with you any more because you have been df. You are right - I was baptized at age 11, far too young and for the wrong reasons.

What are your plans moving forward? Do you have friends, support?

• newcomer1982
    newcomer1982

Thanks for your comment Hortensia. I do have friends. Im also a single mum to a 10 year old too. Its a very stressful situation. Im just taking day by day at the min. Its really having bad affects on me physically. Are you disfellowshipped?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Baptism into the watchtower is an invalid baptism.

I say this because it isn't 'baptized in the Father, Son & Holy Spirit' as per the Bible but WBT$ baptism is Father, Son & Spirit directed organization as per big business!

Also as mentioned above Jesus was 30.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Sorry to hear about your parents shunning you, all I can say is that they might change or even wake up themselves one day.. I was regularly berated by family for not being ready for baptism. I was even publicly humiliated with comments about people not getting baptised, how ungrateful etc. , when I was the only unbaptised person at the gathering! Many think that 18 is late, that teenagers should be getting baptised.. I'm afraid that the pressure on children seems to be increasing at the moment. You might find this to be of interest.. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/208163/1/June-15-W-T-Should-Youths-Get-Baptised

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

My in-laws have friends who is baptized he's just 8.

To answer your question if one choses to be a Christian one should do so as an adult & never as a Jehovah's Witness.

• JRK
    JRK

• cantleave
    cantleave

You shouldn't get baptised!

• Medina
    Medina

Even at age 99, I wouldnt like to be baptised at all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit