I am proud to say I saw a WatchTower and Awake........

by paulnotsaul 19 Replies latest jw friends

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Come out of the bottom of a totter into the hopper of my trash truck. Because that exactly where they all belong. In the bottom of the landfill. And every opportunity I get to throw one of these magazines away, I'll take it! If you all didn't know I work for Waste Management. And that's what I do, manage waste. So if you get approached or someone knocks on your door, take those magazines and then rip them in half. In front of them if you dare or alone if you prefer. Maybe if this happens frequently they will think twice about whipping them out. So lets work together and rid the world of these dirty magazines. Two down millions to go. peaceAll paulnotsaul

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that's great news!! I too destroy all I get my hands on

FS

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I think it was Nickolas who made a great suggestion...and environmentally sound too!

Wipe your butt with them!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Not good for butt wiping, but I know what you really mean,

I swipe them from doctor rooms & hospital & go straight to the rubbish or recycle if available

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I might have put them there. When I was angry a few days ago, I went to the KH, took the whole pile and deposited them into the trash.

I guess they'll be running short this month. I don't know how but MORE appeared. They're like the Smiths during the fighting scene with Neo in the second Matrix.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Whenever I get any - which is now thankfully a rare occurence since my OH told my Mum he/we wouldn't read 'em - they get shredded and put in the paper recycling bags for my local council to turn into something more useful.

• steve2
    steve2

By making an effort to "retrieve" them from waiting rooms and elsewhere and then tossing them in to the trash you're implying people actually take the time to read them.

That's a very charitable assumption but possibly not justified. To quote the surprised man who was asked by his neighbour why there was a large accumulation of unopened newspapers littering his driveway, "You mean I'm supposed to read them??!"

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

The only time I come across them is in public. There's no Witlessing allowed in my apartments, so I don't get knocks on the door... But when I see them at the laundromat or the bank or the doctor's office, you bet your sweet bippy I rip them up and circular file them! My proudest moment was when I first moved to the area and me and bf were out doing laundry and I spotted a Watchtower and Awake on the table. I tore them up into little pieces and threw them in the trash and walked away with a smug smile of satisfaction on my face. Bf said with a grin "Baby? Why are you smiling like that?". So I told him and he cracked up and told his dad (who was with us). He guffawed and said "Good 'nuff that's where that shit belongs!"

The Watchtower- Announcing the Governing Body's Idiocy

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

I was watching one of the tv shows on hoarding the other day and the cameraman zoomed in for several seconds on one of the newer Kingdom song books floating in water in a pile of hoarded garbage in his basement. A few minutes later they were showing the main part of the house and twice zoomed in on a Watchtower laying in among all the garbage in the house.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Kahlua what episode was that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit