My Father passed away during the night

by jwfacts 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Sorry for your loss.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am sorry for your loss Paul. It sounds like your dad was a good man who sometimes allowed religion to get in the way. Your site is really good and your dad surely would have been proud of it if he allowed himself. Was the hope that he would one day read it what motivated you to make such a good job of the website? If so then at least the difficulties in the relationship produced something worthwhile.

• chicken little
    chicken little

So sorry for your loss, hope you have the strength to hold your head high and be there for your Dad today and not let anyone get under your skin. I admire your love and regard for your Dad, he was of the old school. There are few like him left, I am glad you made your peace with him before died.

Hugs to you

Chicken little

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh no. I'm very sorry to hear that! Much too soon. My heart goes out to you (I lost my mother to cancer - she was near your dad's age). He sounds like he was one of the good guys in the Org. and I'm glad you had the opportunity to keep in touch and mend some bridges over the past few months. I hope the funeral goes OK for you and people treat you with fellow-feeling and dignity.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear jwfacts:

I'm very sorry for you and your family, as well as for your father. Your father's age myself, I'd hate for my kids to lose me and vice versa. Though I'm inactive and have long hair and a beard, I'm still considered part of the family and am loved and respected. Real love - possessed by many Witnesses - wins the day.

Peace and love,

CoCo

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I offer my sympathy. Your father was a good man, one of many caught up in a twisted organization. May he rest in peace.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Your eulogy was written in a beautiful and tender way, and respectful way. It brought tears to my eyes. I hope the funeral will be of comfort to you and that your former friends will behave gracefully.

When I attended my grandmothers funeral, several sisters gave me hugs and the brother giving the talk and his wife stopped talking to me for several minutes. The former fellow elders though passed me without even giving me a glance of sympathy. Good and "bad" people everywhere.

Take care and hope you and your mother will have some contact even in the time to come.

Regards from the other side of the world.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

So sorry about your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Paul, so sorry to hear about this. Your father sounded like a great man, a father to be proud of, who loved you dearly. Like many others have already said, it warms the heart to hear that you guys got to make some peace towards the end, that must bring you a lot of comfort right now. Much too young though, heartbreaking that the organisation stole so much from you.

I'm sure though at the funeral, regardless of the amount of water under the bridge, that there will be some who allow their empathy to get the better of them and show kindness to you, let's hope. You're a lovely man and have helped so many, it's completely their loss that you're not in their lives.

And your mother . . . let's hope she realises how fleeting life can be and opens her heart to you completely from now on.

Sending love and hugs across the oceans.

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

Im sorry for you loss My thoughts are with you and you family x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit