Confusing messages at DC

by Kensho 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Excuse me isn't one of the GB just in his mid 50's? Not one script. Sited other than Matt. 24 :34

I guess this buys the org. another 30-40 yrs."

No it does not, because the new GB members or new remnant members do not count towards the overlapping generation teaching. A person in his 20s today claiming to be a remnant member, was not so during the lifetime of the 1914-members and so does not count. Not many new years have thus been bought.

• AnneB
    AnneB

I wonder who the lucky fortunate JW is who got the contract for providing the credit card machines? It's quite a lucrative business what with fees for the processing and all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do recommend paying down credit card debt, unless there is absolutely no way you can do so (which is more common these days). And limiting use of credit card to situations where it is absolutely necessary or the benefits exceed the cost of the debt. Even when investing in silver, I recommend extreme caution when using credit cards because you don't know when the market will go way up--or when they are going to play a game and drop the price of silver, then force you to sell it to pay down the debt.

But, donating to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund is NEVER a worthwhile use of credit. Get the damn card paid off if at all possible, and keep it that way until you run into a real emergency situation or something that will give you more benefit than the debt will cost. Perhaps to invest in a new business (in some countries--it seems that certain countries are doing all they can to make these ventures illegal). Perhaps to move to somewhere you are more comfortable living--which you cannot do if you max out your cards for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. In fact, even if I had plenty of cash on hand, I wouldn't donate even one toilet paper to them--at today's prices, if you have an extra 3 toilet papers to donate, you are better off using them to buy a silver dime.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

None of this surprises me. The more I distance myself from the WTB$ is the more I see the duplicity and lies.

They know darned well that R&F won't see it though. They've been 'mind cleansed' relentlessly by the WTB$! "Minds must be cleansed" (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24).

The WTB$ is all about the dollar and power. The 7 paedo protectors in Brooklyn would never have such power in the real world and with this power comes the financial benefits!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Kensho, I believe the phase 1 you mention is completely tied to Fred Franz, who was baptized in 1913, so he was the tie from there to when he died in early 90's to all new GB members.

Basically its just their latest "end of the world" BS to keep the flock scared into staying. When GB 2.0 is all gone in 2040 or so they will just keep stringing the generations along.

• lepavoux
    lepavoux

THE OVERLAPPING GENERATION TRICK:

When the new seven members of the Governing Body die off you know what will happen then don't you?

The Chain-Reaction, leap-Froging Trick will take place all over again with a new Governing Body, and so on and so on.

Unless of course the 7 and a half million wake up to it. What do you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit